Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're bidding for Iwobi then it's clear we've missed out on all other top targets and are now down to our Z list players. Doesn't paint Brands in a good light if we're being that desperate.
Jump the gun? Not Brands fault if a club ups their valuation which would make him the most expensive premier league signing in history. Plenty of time to go, brands has done literally everything needed of him so far, let's hope he can keep the trend going.

IF it happens, then of course it's his fault. Buy well and he's the messiah, buy bad and it's not his fault? It doesn't work that way.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

If our ‘main’ targets won’t come. Also, Brands has got some incredible prices so far and won’t have our pants pulled down.

I’ve never seen Everton win a trophy, I’m not old enough.

Excuse me for not seeing our potential signings as a stepping stone to silverware .

Ignore me if you’re ‘bored’. I’m bored of mediocre crabs.

Gomes and Kean say hi

We’re making a loss on him anyway mate, what is your point?
Because the way players value depreciates is spread over the length of their contract. So whilst they are here we only show an accounting loss each year based on one years depreciation. Take Tosun as an example £27 million over 4.5 years, his value depreciates on the books by £6 million per year, 3 years left on his contract = £18 million left in 'paper' value. So to only lose the same as keeping him we would need a deal that paid us £12 million (remaining two years of depreciation, we still lose £6 million off this years accounts as planned) and someone willing to pay his wages - this would still mean that we had essentially offloaded him for free in accounting terms. Anything less than that means a bigger hit on the accounts than planned for.

That's my reading of it anyway, other know more on here than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.