Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if you buy a player for 28mill over 3-5 years in installments, selling him for below his book price, means you are making a loss on the player. every player has a minimum value for the club that lessens as their contract progresses, lads like Walcott and Tossun arent here that long thats why its problematic to shift them as opposed to someone like Jamesy, their minimum value reduces the longer they are here. Its also why we send many players out on loan to try and run down their contract and book price.

Selling below the minimum value, like Klassen ultimately crystallizes a loss.

We’re making a loss on him anyway mate, what is your point?

Is Kean not an improvement on Walcott?
CB will be addressed before the end of the window.

We've cleared house and cut over half of our deadwood from a ridiculously bloated squad; reducing the wage bill and allowing us to bring in Kean, Delph, Gomes, Gbamin at a net profit.

There's no other way of addressing it; it's been outstanding work from Brands.

There is ABSOLUTELY other ways of addressing it.

Kean will hopefully be an improvement on DCL mate, not Walcott. Kean is a striker who played wide for a bit since Juve have tonnes of strikers. Even then Kean will need some time to adapt, which i am more than delighted with signing him and having that patience.

Brandalf has done an awful lot of good work shifting some deadwood however the bottom line is we are weaker than last season as it stands. Mina I am not sold on, looks so clumsy most of the time and it's possible we starting the season with Schneiderlin or Davies in CM.

A solid CB brought in and a some quality in RW (we have none and resorted to playing Richarlison there, but he's better on the left) and we are absolutely stronger. I do think we have bought well but we have also left it very late to address vital positions in CB and RW.

Do not mistake my post for criticism as it wasn't, i do hope we sort those areas out but at the moment i dont think we are much stronger, certainly not for Palace this weekend and Everton have form for not getting things done or wasting time and ending up 'going with what we have'.

If we're bidding for Iwobi then it's clear we've missed out on all other top targets and are now down to our Z list players. Doesn't paint Brands in a good light if we're being that desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.