Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's struggling to get the club to structure the upfront payments to Palace. I'd treat as press speculation and gossip any talk that this is going to be a £70M+ fee Palace are asking. They just want cash up front and circa £60M would do it, IMO.
Well, £60m would be fine by me, but the only news we have is that Palace have rejected £70m plus 2 players - at least £90m in total. Don't think we can take that any further with the clowns at Selhurst Park.

No problem with the Kean and Gomes signings; Delph I'm underwhelmed by - and not just because of his injury record.

Bottom line: two days to get a CB, RB, RW in (as you say, primary targets and not just a reshuffling of our pack).

CB and RW mainly as the RB will be getting sorted today with Sidibe’s signing

Ornstein saying Hodgson wants to play Camarasa wide. This could be the replacement. Hopefully if they get that deal done then they will let him go.

No problem with the Kean and Gomes signings; Delph I'm underwhelmed by - and not just because of his injury record.

Bottom line: two days to get a CB, RB, RW in (as you say, primary targets and not just a reshuffling of our pack).

RB is done. And is competition for Coleman. Barring any medical mishaps, it's a fine signing on loan.

Wide forward and CB are the main ones for me. Don't know why we seem so intent on a midfielder but there you go.

Well, £60m would be fine by me, but the only news we have is that Palace have rejected £70m plus 2 players - at least £90m in total. Don't think we can take that any further with the clowns at Selhurst Park.
I dont believe it. It might be true, but it likely isn't.

I can see the enormous cost to Palace if they lose him; at the same time Zaha's stock is very high right now and Parish knows when to not push his luck and lose out.

Christ knows what’s really going on with this.

Couple of scenarios

Zaha signed new contract so that Palace get a large fee for his transfer - with the agreement that they would still accept a fee. They're now backtracking and "pricing him out" of the market.

or

Palace are waiting for Zaha to hand in transfer request for PR reasons and also don't need to pay any "loyalty bonuses"

or

Something else completely different that nobody knows except Brands, Zaha's team and Palace management and all speculation on our part is futile

RB is done. And is competition for Coleman. Barring any medical mishaps, it's a fine signing on loan.

Wide forward and CB are the main ones for me. Don't know why we seem so intent on a midfielder but there you go.

Gotta be for a formation change to 4 3 3 which would make sense if looking for Doucoure and Zaha don't you think. Also then gives Gylfi a bit of competition as his position and the particular formation we tend to use isn't a given.

I'm with the independent on this one.

deal agreed with 2 players - not going to be announced until they've replaced as they don't want to be getting quoted horrible prices like Leicester.

And he won't be playing against them so last minute announcement isn't too important.

Status
Not open for further replies.