Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m turning my nose up at what we’re rumoured to be paying for him. It’s not difficult mate.

And no I won’t ‘forget the price’. I give one about Everton and prices we pay and FFP and all that. The same way that if my mate wanted to buy an Audi and was quoted 100k to buy it, I’d not want him to as it’s terrible value, even though it’s ‘not my money’.

Ability wise I disagree he walks into the team. How are his stats when palace were at home? That’s what you should be looking at, as that’s how teams will set up for about 25 games of our season.

I'd like to think that our club is a well run unit behind the scenes right now. I think the whole FFP thing has been covered already, so again, forget about the prices of players and what our club are prepared to pay for players.

What the hell has his stats for Palace at home got to do with how Everton set up and play. Richarlison for Watford had 5 goals and 5 assists; Of those stats he had 1 goal and 1 assist playing for Watford at home.

I guess you are another lad who looks at stats and think it tells the complete picture. Kinda silly.

Zaha walks into our first 11.

Question - do you think we could get Timo Werner for that money? Do you think he’s better than Zaha.

Werner is primarily a center forward. Sure he can play either side too but primarily he is a center forward.

I will put it this way: Given the choice of Zaha or Werner on our right or left flank, i would choose Zaha every single time.

You can't just pluck random names out of the air, claim they are better than Zaha who is proven in England, claim they will cost less than half as much, and just assume they are absolutely desperate to join everton.

Unless you're an expert in the market value of footballers, and have physically spoken to these players to confirm their lifetime dream is to join everton, then I'd suggest you might be wrongly trying to pass off opinions as facts.

Anyway Zaha..... looking unlikely, but would be a great option at this stage. We live in hope.

I'd like to think that our club is a well run unit behind the scenes right now. I think the whole FFP thing has been covered already, so again, forget about the prices of players and what our club are prepared to pay for players.

What the hell has his stats for Palace at home got to do with how Everton set up and play. Richarlison for Watford had 5 goals and 5 assists; Of those stats he had 1 goal and 1 assist playing for Watford at home.

I guess you are another lad who looks at stats and think it tells the complete picture. Kinda silly.

Zaha walks into our first 11.

When you start being condescending it doesn’t come across well.

Silva worked with Richarlison at Watford - big difference.

Zaha stats are important, especially as our issue isn’t when teams press against us but rather when they sit back. Teams don’t sit back when palace are away, but they do when palace are at home. So looking at palaces and Zaha’s home stats are important because that pretty much how 25 of our games next season will go. Other team sits back and hits us on the break... exactly as palace did both home and away.

Also to say I look at stats to denigrate what I’ve said, but on the other hand you talk about Zaha’s goals and assists, is a bit inconsistent and, frankly, hypocritical.

Last edited:

Werner is primarily a center forward. Sure he can play either side too but primarily he is a center forward.

I will put it this way: Given the choice of Zaha or Werner on our right or left flank, i would choose Zaha every single time.

Zaha or Richarlison? Just interested how highly you rate him.

He walks into most teams....ok maybe he is a squad player for City....like Mahrez.

But he is as good as Mane, sorry but he is...Mane 1 assist all season. Son is good but same level, Ali well over rated!!!

Arsenal and Chelsea?? Come on, he walks into their first teams!!! One cant afford him and the other is banned!!!
Too many exclamation marks, but I agree with the jist of this.

When you start being condescending it doesn’t come across well.

Silva worked with Richarlison at Watford - big difference.

Zaha stats are important, especially as our issue isn’t when teams press against us but rather when they sit back. Teams don’t sit back when palace are away, but they do when palace are at home. So looking at palaces and Zaha’s home stats are important because that pretty much how 25 of our games next season will go. Other team sits back and hits us on the break... exactly as palace did both home and away.

Of the fowards we have at our club; who in your opinion is better than Zaha. Clearly at least 2/3 players are because you've stated he doesn't walk into our first 11.

Of the fowards we have at our club; who in your opinion is better than Zaha. Clearly at least 2/3 players are because you've stated he doesn't walk into our first 11.

Do you think Zaha is better than Richarlison?

We can’t include cf in your assessment as you literally discounted Werner because that’s his primary position.

I think richarlison is very similar to Zaha, and I’d suggest they’re much of a muchness. But we already have richarlison, so we could pump 80m elsewhere in the team.

Bernard is a marmite of a player. I guess you don’t rate him... I do. Moreover I think his partnership with Digne is a large contributing factor to Digne being our best player last year. I see that like a Baines Pienaar combo. Baines wasn’t the best creative left back in Europe at the time purely on his own, I feel Digne/Bernard could reach similar heights.

I’m not saying Bernard would be ahead of Zaha... I’d put Zaha in for games where we are on the counter... because he’s lethal when teams press.

But 80m for a player for certain occasions - not for me.

Do you think Zaha is better than Richarlison?

We can’t include cf in your assessment as you literally discounted Werner because that’s his primary position.

I think richarlison is very similar to Zaha, and I’d suggest they’re much of a muchness. But we already have richarlison, so we could pump 80m elsewhere in the team.

Bernard is a marmite of a player. I guess you don’t rate him... I do. Moreover I think his partnership with Digne is a large contributing factor to Digne being our best player last year. I see that like a Baines Pienaar combo. Baines wasn’t the best creative left back in Europe at the time purely on his own, I feel Digne/Bernard could reach similar heights.

I’m not saying Bernard would be ahead of Zaha... I’d put Zaha in for games where we are on the counter... because he’s lethal when teams press.

But 80m for a player for certain occasions - not for me.

I think Zaha is more dynamic, causes more problems and headaches for defenders, and would cause other teams to set up differently to try and isolate him as a player........ more than Richarlison would. There was no avoiding of any questions put my way.

At the end of the day its more that you simply don't agree with the price Palace have put on his head. You would rather it be spread in other area's. Who is to say those other area's won't be addressed before the deadline in addition to Zaha ? (btw i don't think Zaha is coming here).

All in all i think you are possibly in the minority that believe Zaha wouldn't walk into our 11. That includes our manager, coaches, DOF who are willing to spend the figures rumoured to be going around; if all the stories are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.