• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarcelsGoat

Remember you saying if we flogged Schnerderlin this summer at a loss it would effect Us in regards to FFP.

So basically if we sold all of Morgan, Rude Boi and Tosun for say £30 million combined but all at an individual loss - we would be worse off in the eyes of FFP despite being £30 million better off?

If so the rules are completely crazy.

Well yes and no . Bolasie was signed for 27m over 5 years and has been here 3? So anything under 12m will count as a loss Morgan been here 3? So anything under 7-8m will count as a loss and tuson signed from 19m 27m depending on who you believe and has been here 2 years using the low purchase price would mean anything under 11m would be a loss. So 12 + 7 + 11 is 30m so if we recouped that across all 3 transfers then obviously it wouldn’t effect us. But even if we manage to get 20m a 10m loss isn’t really that big a deal I don’t think in the grand scheme of things. This is all based on how I understand the rules to work and am aware it’s quite likely that’s I’m talking out of my hoop but if I am it’s unintentional:)

zaha gave an interview before on twitch for the fifa e-world cup stream, seems like he will be staying at palace

was talking about preparing for the everton game

He means the game AGAINST palace if brands wants him he will get him.

I still don’t want him tho but brands is the man and is yet to make a bad purchase

Silva is planning a 4-3-3
Doucoure are you in?

Or a 4-5centremids-1
Screenshot_20190804-205202_Firefox.jpg

Well yes and no . Bolasie was signed for 27m over 5 years and has been here 3? So anything under 12m will count as a loss Morgan been here 3? So anything under 7-8m will count as a loss and tuson signed from 19m 27m depending on who you believe and has been here 2 years using the low purchase price would mean anything under 11m would be a loss. So 12 + 7 + 11 is 30m so if we recouped that across all 3 transfers then obviously it wouldn’t effect us. But even if we manage to get 20m a 10m loss isn’t really that big a deal I don’t think in the grand scheme of things. This is all based on how I understand the rules to work and am aware it’s quite likely that’s I’m talking out of my hoop but if I am it’s unintentional:)
One thing to consider, if they leave, we are free of their salaries. Its probably around 250k a week, so that's 13M a year.

Reactions: gmb
One thing to consider, if they leave, we are free of their salaries. Its probably around 250k a week, so that's 13M a year.

Deffo , but I read somewhere that loaning bolasie is actually better for FFP than selling him for say 6m. Even tho his wages would be gone it would go down as a loss even tho we get the fee, weird way of doing it in my eyes

Deffo , but I read somewhere that loaning bolasie is actually better for FFP than selling him for say 6m. Even tho his wages would be gone it would go down as a loss even tho we get the fee, weird way of doing it in my eyes

5 year deal at 25m, 80k per week 4.1m per year x 2 years 18.2m - 4.1m = 10m is his breakpoint, if we could sell him for that we would be ok.

I think.

I will show my working out.

He signed a 5 year deal in 2016, his price was 25m.
So you divide that 25m over the length of his contract.
Then you add his wages at roughly 80k per week.
So thats 5m fee and 4.1m per year in wages.
9.1m x 2 years left = 18.2m
We dont have to pay the next 2 years wages
18.2 - 4.1m x 2 = 10m

Last edited:
5 year deal at 25m, 80k per week 4.1m per year x 2 years 18.2m - 4.1m = 10m is his breakpoint, if we could sell him for that we would be ok.

I think.

25m fee over 5 years is broken down to 5m drop in book value a year so 3 years of his contract down is 15m meaning his book price is 10m so yeah that’s right . The thing I don’t get is why fifa make it so rather than us selling him for 7m and saving the 8.2m in wages , (assume we can only get 7m for him) they say we are better off not selling him paying him his 4.1m in wages and then when his book price falls below the fee we can get (7m although this would drop further if he’s only got 12 months left). I just think it’s a weird way of doing it

Just realised Moise Kean's family come from Ivory Coast.. and of course Gbamin does too.

Could pull Zaha more towards a move here if we're in for him still

Status
Not open for further replies.