Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will make us worse. A large part of the reason Digne is so good is because of Bernard. The same with how coleman played well second half of the year is richarlison.

Zaha strikes me as more of a Walcott than either of those guys.

Walcott nullifies any attacking fullback we have because he doesn’t pass to them.

Van-aanholt doesn’t seem to have problems getting forward when playing with him. Consistently one of the best attacking full backs in the league in terms of crosses, shots etc.

Bernard simply isnt good enough to be an outright starter for us if we want to genuinely push the top 6.

Good player yes - but someone like Zaha who could get us 10+ goals and assists whilst having the pace to devastate sides on the counter would be invaluable.

Having someone like Bernard to bring off the bench and find pockets of space in between tiring opposition defences would also be useful and it means Walcott is less likely to get time on the pitch aswell.

If we are actually going after another midfielder, I dont think its because we want to bring in 4 in one window(including Gomes), its because we see Gbamin as a CB.

So at this points, whats left is Winger, CB/DM, RB. I suspect 1 will be a loan deal, and to be honest, at this point Id just be happy with CB/DM, and then with 1 of either the winger or RB spots taken care of this window

Bernard simply isnt good enough to be an outright starter for us if we want to genuinely push the top 6.

Good player yes - but someone like Zaha who could get us 10+ goals and assists whilst having the pace to devastate sides on the counter would be invaluable.

Having someone like Bernard to bring off the bench and find pockets of space in between tiring opposition defences would also be useful and it means Walcott is less likely to get time on the pitch aswell.
Mate will you bloody bore off with your hatred of Bernard. Proper does my head in. He was one of our best players last season. You don't have a clue.

Mate will you bloody bore off with your hatred of Bernard. Proper does my head in. He was one of our best players last season. You don't have a clue.

LOL why is saying a player isnt good enough to start for a top 6 side "hating"

Do I hate Tosun, Martina, Bolasie, Walcott - Yes

Do I hate Bernard - No

However you need a front 3 to all score goals if you are to break that top 6 or at the very least 2x 20 goal a season strikers with one rattling in assists and 7-10 goals.

Richarlison and Kean can likely get around 15 each a season you would imagine - Bernard simply doesn't do enough in front of goal to guarantee a place.

Would he get in the front 3 of any of the top 6 above us (or even Wolves who have Jota?)

The fact is on a free he's a bloody good squad player for a 7-10 placed club - but if you want to seriously compete we need someone who's better and those saying otherwise will soon changw their tune when he's fluffing his slots and skidding on his arse infront of goal in tight 1-1 games against the top sides or in the latter cup rounds which can have a direct result on if we are to achieve anything this year - just remember we missed out on Europe by 3 points last season - fine fine margins in this league and we shouldnt be scared shirtless to try improve the squad whenever possible which is why we are after Zaha - its not to drop Richarlison thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.