Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post, looking at passing stats etc doesnt tell the whole story if a 2 yard pass is counted the same as 30 metre one. Idrissa was a one dimensional player, he happened to be excellent at that dimension but the position can certainly be improved on particularly in progressive play.

The other criticism i would have on him was you would get one good half of a season out of him every season. I certainly am not to dissapointed that hes left straight after the AFCON, optimal timing.

He was and is great at that dimension. Remember laughing a few times in his first season when he nicked balls he had no right to win.

End of the day he was a top blue and will be missed. The combination on the field that replaces him best be good, because you knew with Gana he would be doing hid utmost to stop any teams running over us.

The tackle king is dead, long live the combined midfield responsibility.

maybe unpopular opinion but he is the best signing for me this summer, we sold gana for 32 and bought a younger and as good version of him spending 7 mil less. magnifique job! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.