Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can. He was his middle name here.

I doubt he has felt like that in his career, as a fully established starter and earned a call up to the strongest national team.

A lot can happen in a week and Brands will have his targets lined up.
Chelsea's starting line up in their last pre season friendly will tell Zouma all he needs to know about his place in the pecking order at Chelsea

Love how this fella seems to stride out with the ball. Takes a couple of players totally out of the game. Also looks more than capable of sending them over the top for Kean to run onto.

This is what we've needed for years. We've had so many players like Mccarthy who are supposed to be box to box, but they're not explosive enough. That's how spurs have improved, they've packed their centre mids with explosive midfielders that just blow away the oppo midfield.

While I like the look of him, he is nothing like Gana in style.

Could it actually be 4 3 3 with Delph the main ball winner and Big GB and Gomes sat in front?

Delph
Gbamin Gomes
Richy Moise Neres type?

No room for Siggy or bernard other than on the bench.

Any suggestions?

Edit, there is no chance we are leaving Gylf on the bench.

Could it actually be 4 3 3 with Delph the main ball winner and Big GB and Gomes sat in front?

Delph
Gbamin Gomes
Richy Moise Neres type?

Any suggestions?

Correct about 433, but Gbamin will be the DM/ pivot. Hes not the same all action style as Gana but he has better passing range and more physical presence.

Correct about 433, but Gbamin will be the DM/ pivot. Hes not the same all action style as Gana but he has better passing range and more physical presence.

The benefit of this would be that we would genuinely have two formations / systems we could play. Last season if 4-2-3-1 wasn't going our way all we could do was throw the strikers on and go for it. Watford at home is a good example, we were getting bossed in midfield and ended up chucking on all the strikers and hoping for the best. With Gbamin in the squad there would have been the option to bring him and switch to a 4-3-3 - whether it would work in that situaton or not is debatable but it would be nice to have a genuine system to switch to rather than hit and hope!

OK

2 things,

he does not win nearly enough ball to play that role, I suppose having three ball winning MF's will help.Totally agree on his passing range though.

What about the front 3, who is first choice? Drop one of Gylf, Mois, Rich or new winger, not even mentioning Bernard.

Gonna take some tinkering I think

Delph
Gbamin Gomes
Richy Moise Neres type?

Any suggestions?

Correct about Siggy
His goals and assists make him untouchable at the minute.
There is a video on here somewhere and the amount of chances he created for Walcott and DCL that they missed is unreal.
With a good striker in front of him and 2 wingers that can finish his figures cold be unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.