Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah im gonna go with Brands judgement on this rather than somebody who hasnt slept properly for the last 20 years cos they cant stop pissing the bed.

Yano?

Or that el pivote who actually does watch every talented player on the planet I’m pretty sure. He says he’s good enough, so that’s good enough for me.

I'm not sure you fully understand what Gana brings to any team not just us.

Thats why one of the worlds biggest clubs and a highly respected coach as in Tuchel wanted him so badly.
I'm not knocking any new player coming in or the system changing but they will have mighty big boots to fill.
Massive miss for us Gana , make no mistake.

Again i'le end with got to trust Brands on this.

I wouldn’t put PSG in the top 10 biggest clubs in europe. Fiscally yes, everything else that goes into whatever a big club is... not for me. I’d put Marseille above them.

Or that el pivote who actually does watch every talented player on the planet I’m pretty sure. He says he’s good enough, so that’s good enough for me.
Think i seen him say few weeks back,that its his Job to actually know as much as pos about all players were ever in the world they are,does little bits for certain clubs i think i seen him say,unless i made that last bit up lol

....whilst a player might be a replacement for another, it’s not always right to compare them and expect a clone.

The replacement might allow the team to play a different way, he might add an extra dimension we didn’t have previously. I remember last time we played in Europe, opposition teams counter-attacked from the edge of their own box, not via long balls but with athletes who quickly made ground whilst we floundered.

Such midfielders ‘make the pitch look smaller’ and I think we have been desperate for that athletic, rangy type. Gueye was brilliant at what he did, but Gbamin is a different type and in his own way could be just as effective. Time will tell.

Yeah thats not even close to true IMO mate.

For me PSG are defo top 10.

Barca
Real
City
Bayern
Juve
PSG

So AC Milan, Ajax, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, PSV, Marseille, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter Milan

All more Euro trophies... all more domestic trophies... all smaller?

Guess depends on how you define ‘big’

Same way I consider us a big club. That to me is based on our historical achievements largely. Historically PSG are nothing.

Last edited:
So AC Milan, Ajax, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, PSV, Marseille, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Inter Milan

All more Euro trophies... all more domestic trophies... all smaller?

Guess depends on how you define ‘big’

Its 2019 mate.

I define big by how clubs are judged in the wider footballing world.

PSG and City are clubs with no history, no pedigree at all.

But sadly they have VAST wealth, so maybe not a big club, but they are certainly part of the footballing elite in 2019.

Milans name rings out, but they havent won a pot for years, do I consider AC Milan a big club? Yes, do I consider AC Milan a bigger club than PSG? Currently, no.

A big club for me is a club that wins stuff, it dominates its league, it competes in the CL and its always a team you think will go deep in the later stages. And more importantly, can compete with its peers for the elite players.

So big, elite or just disgusting clubs owned by oil rich states, but PSG are on the world stage.

So yeah, it all depends on your perception on what a big club is.

Edgy view incoming, but I do not consider Everton a big club, we havent been for almost 30 years sadly.

Its 2019 mate.

I define big by how clubs are judged in the wider footballing world.

PSG and City are clubs with no history, no pedigree at all.

But sadly they have VAST wealth, so maybe not a big club, but they are certainly part of the footballing elite in 2019.

Milans name rings out, but they havent won a pot for years, do I consider AC Milan a big club? Yes, do I consider AC Milan a bigger club than PSG? Currently, no.

A big club for me is a club that wins stuff, it dominates its league, it competes in the CL and its always a team you think will go deep in the later stages. And more importantly, can compete with its peers for the elite players.

So big, elite or just disgusting clubs owned by oil rich states, but PSG are on the world stage.

So yeah, it all depends on your perception on what a big club is.

Edgy view incoming, but I do not consider Everton a big club, we havent been for almost 30 years sadly.

Think you should check the size of the Milan bank balance. They’re owned by very rich people.

Also you don’t count either Champs league finalists a big club, or one of the semi finalists.

So basically bank balance is your primary driver behind big (unless it’s ac Milan because they’ve not won a trophy in years because they’re not in a current one team league.)

We agree on most things though mate, and to be honest the word ‘big’ is so vague that everyone’s metric will be different.... I can see the angle you come from, I just disagree! :D

Think you should check the size of the Milan bank balance. They’re owned by very rich people.

Also you don’t count either Champs league finalists a big club, or one of the semi finalists.

So basically bank balance is your primary driver behind big (unless it’s ac Milan because they’ve not won a trophy in years because they’re not in a current one team league.)

Its not just bank balance, its how I perceive a club mate.

I grew up watching Milan destroy the world, so I will never say they arent a big club, a massive club with a very rich history.

They havent won their league title for 9 years, they havent won a CL for 12 years, last season they had bloody Gattuso as their manager, the fact that I dont even know who their manager is now might say more about me than them, but they arent on my radar, cos they are irrelevant to me in 2019.

Football isnt played in the past, its played in the here and now.

So it doesnt matter that 15 years ago City were playing in the 3rd tier, it doesnt matter that PSG wasnt even a thing 50 years ago, it only matters the perception people have of them.

You see them as a nothing club, inflated by wealth and you arent wrong, but the fact is that they will compete for the elite players and they will compete for ALL The trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.