Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manic Monday

giphy.gif

I didn't believe the Zaha rumors at first, but if it's going to happen I'm resigned to be ok with this. Zaha for roughly £50M is good business, but I can't see how they line up except (eventually) 433. And at some point if you want to push forward you have to buy players who can do it now--Zaha is no longer a kid so he's a good buy in that regard.

Still, we need a bona fide center forward, so bring me some Mouse Kean and I'll smile a little with the Zaha signing.

Well there's no definitive definition of an assist, because it's not a real thing. It's just a stat, so it depends where you set your parameters. I wouldn't class it personally because I think it skews the figures. I would assume somebody racking up a load of assists was quite creative, and a good decision maker who was picking the right passes. I'd be pretty disappointed to then find that they'd just been kicked when running down blind alleys or pushed in the back off the ball.
If you’re consistently winning penalties through getting fouled in the box then then you’re making a good decision to dribble it into the area. Why would you be disappointed if their most frequent method of creating goals is by winning penalties (which he managed 6 times in one season)? A goal is a goal.

If you’re trying to find out who the most creative players are they have stats just for when a player creates a chance in open play which is a better indicator of a player’s creativity than assists are imo. Apparently Zaha shows up a lot better in this regard than Sigurdsson and Bernard too which would suggest he’s not a one trick pony.

Sorry, no way. Absolutely not.

An injury to Coleman absolutely derails the season in that scenario

Same sort of principle that we went with a couple of years ago when we said Martina could cover at left back if Baines got injured and look how that turned out.

None of those players you mentioned are right backs. Holgate is the closest to it, but he's a centre back. Doesn't have the skill set for a full back.

Think a right back, even if it's just a loan to tidy us over while Kenny is out getting games, is as important as any other signing. It's a glaring hole in the squad.
What you say makes sense, but I would not be surprised if it's not addressed for the very reasons you don't agree with alas.:(

Nah. Most of our width on the left comes from Digne anyway.

Can you explain ‘nah’. We have 3 players who play in the wide positions in a front three/wide midfield. Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott. They’re all right footed.

How they move to create space for full backs is down to managerial tactics.

If you’re consistently winning penalties through getting fouled in the box then then you’re making a good decision to dribble it into the area. Why would you be disappointed if their most frequent method of creating goals is by winning penalties (which he managed 6 times in one season)? A goal is a goal.

If you’re trying to find out who the most creative players are they have stats just for when a player creates a chance in open play which is a better indicator of a player’s creativity than assists are imo. Apparently Zaha shows up a lot better in this regard than Sigurdsson and Bernard too which would suggest he’s not a one trick pony.

We don’t win penalties, even the stone wall ones, so this point is totally null and void

Can you explain ‘nah’. We have 3 players who play in the wide positions in a front three/wide midfield. Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott. They’re all right footed.

How they move to create space for full backs is down to managerial tactics.
I don’t think it’s necessary for a left winger to be left footed if width is derived from the left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.