Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ‘reports’ are true and our bids for Zaha are straight cash I wonder what’s happening with their McCarthy bid, hearing we might get £8million for him was the most excited I’ve been all window
With all the money we’re supposedly about to throw outgoings are more important than they’ve ever been

But isn’t that why we recruited Delph and his passing ability to break down teams who park the bus.

Zaha’s job wouldn’t be to do everything that’s why it’s a team game, like he does now at Palace

Exactly. Zaha would be great in away games where teams normally attack more and in games against the better sides who look to dominate possession.
Other teams would sit back deeper knowing that Zaha could hurt them with his pace which would mean that Delph, Gomes, digne, Bernard and others would have to do more to break them down. Having a striker with good movement will also help this.

But isn’t that why we recruited Delph and his passing ability to break down teams who park the bus.

Zaha’s job wouldn’t be to do everything that’s why it’s a team game, like he does now at Palace

Have you watched him at palace? He’s a classic counter attacking wide forward who falls over a lot. We’ve already got Richarlison. If we were selling him I’d say fine.

But I just think he would be substandard for us. Happy to be wrong. don’t think I am.

what's that saying then

Operation Exit continues to be Barcelona's priority and Malcom looks to be on his way out of the club with Zenit Saint Petersburg closing in on his signing.

The Brazilian didn't enjoy the opportunities he expected nor wanted last season and with Antoine Griezmann arriving this summer, he's been left to look elsewhere ahead of the 2019/20 campaign getting underway.
It's worth remembering that the Catalans hijacked a deal for the player to join Roma last summer, spending 41 million euros on him, meaning they want at least 40m euros to let Malcom leave.
The Russian team have the financial muscle to pull the deal off, and it seems as though the deal is possible.
Malcom's sale would come as a boost to the Camp Nou side and Ernesto Valverde has made it clear to the club that he'd like to travel to the United States with a slightly lighter squad.

Yeh he wants a like-for-like replacement I’m just asking why it’s so necessary if we’re struggling in the market? As a team we can be just as hard to break down with Delph.
Delph is nowhere near as effective defensively as Gana so that’s unlikely.

Have you watched him at palace? He’s a classic counter attacking wide forward who falls over a lot. We’ve already got Richarlison. If we were selling him I’d say fine.

But I just think he would be substandard for us. Happy to be wrong. don’t think I am.
Why can’t we have more than one player that is a counter attacking wide forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.