Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha is a good player. He improves our squad and our starting team.

The problem is we would have to pay a completely unrealistic and extornionate fee which you would expect to get you a game changer. Zaha is not a game changer because he doesn't score enough. There's also the concern that we don't get the proper centre forward we need, and a centre half, because the money has been blown.

I'm not against signing him but I'm not sure it's sensible. I'm not sure there's any truth to it either mind you.
The problem is now, game changers are costing 100’s of millions not 60/70.
Newcastle just spent 40 on a 23yr old Brazilian who has 1 in 4 in Germany. Richarlison got was it 5 or 6 goals last season and we paid 35/40.

Pépé looks good and scored 22 goals last year he’s going for 70/80mil would he get 22 in the prem?

The option is gamble on a youngster, Kean, Malcom, Neres, who all would cost between 40/50mil. Go and pay 80 fir Werner, again still no guarantee who gets 20/25 goals.

The one thing with Zaha, if we are actually interested, he knows the premier league which Brands has talked about, he can play across the front 3, his Figures have been getting better every year. And I think he would do well through the middle and I would expect 15 goals. I agree about money side if it’s goung to effect us getting more players, with another wide player I think we would have exciting group of forward players.

Is he worth 70/80mil no, but fees are crazy now and that’s what you have to pay to compete, I said it 2yrs ago, we are virtually building a new team, and because of Koeman & Walsh, we need to do it again.

And the list grows

Screenshot_20190726-222001.png

We are clearly not in for him, but I disagree with a lot of comments about his end product.

Goals and assist he's on just under 1 in 2.5, not inconceivable that the improved squad around him would drive that down to 1 in 2... Being responsible for a goal every other game is pretty decent imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.