Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said he's got a touch of snide, no nonsense footballer, we've missed that.
No idea what he's like but love the name, I'm in

He's a defensive mid, I swear. He's been playing more CM though to accommodate Kunde who's also good. Gbamin can also pass and create a bit. Definitely has passing range and a bit of flair at times. He'll push tempo, too, he's not going to.sit on the ball. He's super right footed. He'll even let a long shot fly or two. He's also very very strong, loves a standing tackle, and will absolutely swat guys to the ground to win the ball. Really physical and wins his share of battles. Might honestly be better off losing a couple pounds of mass and gaining just a but of quickness for the PL, but he doesnt seem slow. Good in the air, should help on set pieces. I think he's a more natural defensive mid IMO. He can get better, too, especially with his positioning and awareness. From good to great. That's my take and I've seen him play a bit.

Looking at the first part of the video on him, he seemed to win the ball back OK, then run down a blind ally and give it straight back. Sone of his passing looked good, when he was given a lot of time on the ball. We need a replacement for Gana, if this lad can win the ball and then give it to Gomes, we should be OK, I'm gonna call him "Bami" for short :)

Never heard of him.

Not that that's a surprise. I'd never heard of Gana either. Shame I didn't notice him when we played Lille in the Europa League...twice. Not to mention the times he played for Villa.

Guess I don't pay attention to the opponenet much.

As I am now a Gbamin youtube expert, he really seems to be much more offensively minded that Gana. Far far fewer tackles but far more passes forward and forward runs.

Either he will have to be prepared to totally change his natural game or we will be changing our system to accommodate him.

So is he the new Alan Harper, or is Delph? And who does that make the other one. Kevin Richardson, Paul Power, Ian Snodin...?

110 games CM, 36 CB, 26 RB, 1 LB. He started as a defender but has been used pretty much exclusively as a DM for 3 seasons. He is versatile but as emergency CB/RB cover not as a starter. He is more like Besic than Harper in positional versatility in the sense that Besic also started as a CB but later established as a CM who could be an emergency defender. Harper was a FB who became an emergency MF (like Neville).

Never seen him which is likely to be the case with everyone else. No doubt someone via Google will come up with a full analysis. Or is it another red herring?

110 games CM, 36 CB, 26 RB, 1 LB. He started as a defender but has been used pretty much exclusively as a DM for 3 seasons. He is versatile but as emergency CB/RB cover not as a starter. He is more like Besic than Harper in positional versatility in the sense that Besic also started as a CB but later established as a CM who could be an emergency defender. Harper was a FB who became an emergency MF (like Neville).
Neville was an emergency footballer.

Bob-Marley-5899213a3df78caebc04f6b9.jpg

Gbamin!
I hope you like Gbamin too
wooaoahh!

Status
Not open for further replies.