New Everton Stadium Discussion

They're not docks mate.
They're housing apparently

As a young'un, the docks were more memorable than housing on the other side of the road. But I would guess that any housing that was there 50 years ago would have been primarily for dock workers anyrate. No idea if any is actually left these days.

The scale of the development and matchday tarffic will engulf those neighbouurhoods. It's no use saying otherwise.

Look, I recognise that in any stadium scheme locals will get done over. If you dont want that, dont support a stadium scheme.

Dave, the ten streets project surrounding Bradley is derelict, tobacco warehouse is being turned into residential which will benefit from modern transport links with prior knowledge of a stadium being built.

The area will become a thriving honeypot, please elaborate what your point is.

The scale of the development and matchday tarffic will engulf those neighbouurhoods. It's no use saying otherwise.

Look, I recognise that in any stadium scheme locals will get done over. If you dont want that, dont support a stadium scheme.

Have you been to goodison on a match day?

As a young'un, the docks were more memorable than housing on the other side of the road. But I would guess that any housing that was there 50 years ago would have been primarily for dock workers anyrate. No idea if any is actually left these days.
Google maps shows quite clearly how far away the nearest housing is. Dave's just being his usual self and surprisingly advocating demolishing a school and housing over building on a derelict dock with no housing anywhere within the swing of a cranes arm.

Bellwhiffery at it's best

Dave, the ten streets project surrounding Bradley is derelict, tobacco warehouse is being turned into residential which will benefit from modern transport links with prior knowledge of a stadium being built.

I think he's trying to emphasise his general buffoonery with some of the absolute guff he's posted in this thread.

He's doing a sterling job tbf

Let's be honest citizens, if this proposed stadium build was going to disrupt any existing community, the red Echo would have been all over it.

Take a walk down there and see for yourselves, this is NOT an issue.

Eldonian Village / Athol Village.

That's the point.

Their homes wont be bulldozed, but they will be affected.

Anyway, the case is made and sustained on this issue: you cant have purity on it. If you want a stadium ANYWHERE in Liverpool it comes with disruption for people.

Let's be honest citizens, if this proposed stadium build was going to disrupt any existing community, the red Echo would have been all over it.

Take a walk down there and see for yourselves, this is NOT an issue.

Even if there was, would they rather live next to a derelict dock(s) or a soon to be thriving neighbourhood with the value of their houses skyrocketing?

Eldonian Village / Athol Village.

That's the point.

Their homes wont be bulldozed, but they will be affected.

Anyway, the case is made and sustained on this issue: you cant have purity on it. If you want a stadium ANYWHERE in Liverpool it comes with disruption for people.

They won't be impacted at all. Worse case is people try to park there but permits will be implemented

Their property values will increase at a decent rate once the investment in transport and infrastructure comes to place.