New Everton Stadium Discussion

The same club which underlined that it's "challenging" to get that loan?

That revenue is almost ENTIRELY dependent on tv rights. The institutional lenders have to project decades into the future and wonder whether the broadcasting revenue might not be as bountiful; as it is right now. They wont like that.

We dont generate enough revenue organically. We are not a commercial player.

We are not talking about a repayment of 75 million a year. We were paying 6 million in interest every year when we had a 50 million income and that was just money down the drain. Least this is something tangible.

The stadium pays for itself if you have a repayment mortgage under 25 million. Should we have a problem we just don't sign any players for a couple of years. Not like we haven't done that in the past.

Oh and btw I know exactly how people there are affected. I've worked in the area for 10 years, in people's homes, all day every day, so I've got a fairly good idea as to the local feelings.
...then you'll know that the community that's about half a mile away from BMD will have their lives changed if / when there's a stadium across Derby Road from them.

Swings....roundabouts.

We are not talking about a repayment of 75 million a year. We were paying 6 million in interest every year when we had a 50 million income and that was just money down the drain. Least this is something tangible.

The stadium pays for itself if you have a repayment mortgage under 25 million. Should we have a problem we just don't sign any players for a couple of years. Not like we haven't done that in the past.
Sounds great when you say it quick.

A £600M debt is a £600M debt. If you;re paying back £25M a year you'll know about it.

Dave K everybody.
Accountant
Director of football
Manager
and now
Structural engineer and Architect

Is there no end to this mans talents.
You forget ‘social historian’
Apparently in a city of 25,000 dockers none of them bothered going the match in the early days because they were all skint.
( I categorically know this to be an untruth by the way).

...then you'll know that the community that's about half a mile away from BMD will have their lives changed if / when there's a stadium across Derby Road from them.

Swings....roundabouts.
You mean the pikeys in Oil Street? There's no other community within half a mile. It's an industrial area, always has been. Having a shocker tonight Dave