Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Zouma not to come back, Jags let go, Mina constantly injured and Holgate now getting offers from West Brom. Looks like Keane will be our only hope

We were exactly that for the last 3rd of the season unfortunatley we ran out of games. With a couple of additions i expect us to be better this season.
I still think Silva is more conservative then he needs to be. Maybe he's more tuned into keeping the Goodison crowd happy than his immediate predecessors and has chosen to be a little bit cautious on formation? I seem to remember his Watford team cutting loose a lot more.

Reactions: JLW

We’re lucky they’re two incredibly similar sports then aren’t we!
In terms of money it was exactly the same. The trend broke because teams without money used stats to take advantage of things teams with money didn't understand. There are clear parallels to football and how the top clubs can outspend everyone and the lower clubs needing to find something that can give them an edge. At least I think it's pretty clear.

Playing in the CL and playing for your country. Those things alone aren't pre-requisites for excellence because there are literally thousands that fall into that bracket. Ever heard of Jean-Pierre Nsame? No, neither had I. He's just won back to back titles, plays for his country and plays in the Champions League.

Very political of you to selectively use certain words to fit your argument, though.

I said that Barnes has consistently proven himself....... (albeit at an inferior level). You left that bit out but that's the key bit. You can only beat who is in front of you. You can only impress against the opposition you're put against, Barnes has done just that. Bernard has not impressed (at least, he hasn't impressed me).

He was free and he could be a decent squad player. But he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI of any team with top 6 ambitions. He wouldn't get in any other team either in the top six or just outside of it. That's my assertion, if you disagree that's fine.

I'd rather have Harvey Barnes. Vault me.
You're utterly weird mate, you and @TheBigIguana absolutely despise the little magician because he doesn't score and assist every game, you probably hated Pienaar as well. Go watch a few matches and put your focus on Bernard, the lad is class, one of our only players who can get the ball under pressure and not absolutely cack his pants, can start a counter attack better than most of out team and works his balls off for 90 mins. in conclusion, Bernard, Bernard will tear you apart again

Status
Not open for further replies.