Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate. Our budget clearly is finite rather than infinite. And this is coming from someone that doesn't believe in all the scaremongering about FFP and the seldomly used soft punishments.

Our budget is limited. Of course it is.

If it isn’t then it should be. We aren’t a big enough club to avoid a Leeds Utd style fall from grace under the right (horrific) circumstances.

Yes, it does.

To use the Lookman example, if we say we bought him for £11m (I'm not sure if that figure included add-ons, but let's use it for the example), his contract was 4.5 years, but you call that 5 years for accounting reasons here.

£11m ÷ 5 = £2.2m

Lookman has 2 years left on his deal, so amortisation means his current value is £4.4m (£2.2m x 2)

Everything over £4.4m we sell him for is profit for FFP purposes

I'm unclear how it works when they sign a new contract tbf, if anyone knows I'd be vaguely interested

I still have no idea how this works with add ons though, look at gueye, if we sell for £30m +£10m add ons which take 3 years to get added on, where does all that come into it?

I still have no idea how this works with add ons though, look at gueye, if we sell for £30m +£10m add ons which take 3 years to get added on, where does all that come into it?

I would imagine, while having no clue, that it would go down as income on that particular period when the payment is made?

I would assume (possibly wrongly) that it simply isn't used for the purposes of amortisation and is accounted as income

If it isn’t then it should be. We aren’t a big enough club to avoid a Leeds Utd style fall from grace under the right (horrific) circumstances.

The Leeds shout is still in use then, even in 2019 with a billionaire owner at the helm.

FFP wasn't introduced to stop clubs that couldn't afford to make losses through maxing out their credit cards (like Leeds did), it was brought in to stop clubs that aren't remotely arsed about making losses with their own money (like Manchester City).

The idea that UEFA would throw the book at Brighton if they achieved 14th place in the Premier League after breaching FFP to the tune of a couple of million isn't realistic. UEFA wouldn't be arsed in the slightest, and if there was even to be a punishment, it would be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.