2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s if he’s even going, we haven’t seen anything to say this is more than paper talk.

I’m not really willing to beat someone with a stick for Steve Walsh/Ronald Koeman/Big Sam/Farhad Moshiris ineptness in the transfer market. Brands has been stuck with an ageing squad full of crap (and they are crap) on massive wages, it was always likely a majority of them would run their contracts down or have Everton subsidise their new contracts at other clubs, either way it’s been a disaster for the club for this transfer window and possibly the next one or two. I don’t really see what he’s supposed to do. I doubt there is any interest in players like Niasse and Sandro apart from teams who are looking to fill their squad out or, like we used to be, completely skint and hoping they can somehow coax some form out of them.
The 'massive wages' claim doesn't stand a rigorous testing of the claim. Maybe 4 fit the bill.And forget who brought them here, it's his job to shift them out for something in return. Or did he say in his job interview that he can only shift the easily saleable and he'd have to give the rest away?

Im not suggesting jam tomorrow, im suggesting jam today, hence me saying May 2020, which is the date that this season ends.

My point is that trophies arent won and lost in July, despite what you think.
They're lost when you have a manager having to blend half a dozen in the opening months of the season.

Silva did well once he had them all familiar and settled last season. I think he sees another late summer of churn that hamstrings him.

They're lost when you have a manager having to blend half a dozen in the opening months of the season.

Silva did well once he had them all familiar and settled last season. I think he sees another late summer of churn that hamstrings him.

Hes free to leave any time he wants.

The 'massive wages' claim doesn't stand a rigorous testing of the claim. Maybe 4 fit the bill.And forget who brought them here, it's his job to shift them out for something in return. Or did he say in his job interview that he can only shift the easily saleable and he'd have to give the rest away?

Nonsense.

RM cant shift Bale.
United cant shift Sanchez.
Arsenal cant shift Ozil.

PSG can shift Neymar cos they can take 3 from a pick of 6 Barcelona players plus a bag of cash, and the player wants out.

Silva leaving would crater this club. We'd have Cocu the clown in here and he'd relegate us.

We wouldnt have Cocu.

Hes paid a lot of money to train the players to win games, as I say, if hes not able to the job, he is free to leave.

Im sure Hull would take him back.

Nonsense.

RM cant shift Bale.
United cant shift Sanchez.
Arsenal cant shift Ozil.

PSG can shift Neymar cos they can take 3 from a pick of 6 Barcelona players plus a bag of cash, and the player wants out.
Anyone can shift anyone else if the will is there.

What we're seeing is brinkmanship. Mark my words, many of these "unsaleable" "rubbish" players will leave by August 8th...after every chance has been given to get a few more quid in and take less of a hit. That though snookers us in terms of preparing a first team for the start of the season...AGAIN.

Just take the hit now hand Silva some cash and let the incoming players arrive.

Ultimatley this is down to Moshiri closing his wallet and sealing up any funds the club generates. This is a club struggling to be competitive.

We wouldnt have Cocu.

Hes paid a lot of money to train the players to win games, as I say, if hes not able to the job, he is free to leave.

Im sure Hull would take him back.
Silva is more the real deal than that false God you worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.