SportPesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given who signed off the deal and who we have in now - I think the next sponsor will be looked into a lot more than just the money - I know clubs like as much money as possible but if that effects the clubs image then it could have a detrimental effect on other sponsors

Do you think our next shirt sponsor is likely to be USM or a related company?

Sort of publicity we can do without in the Guardian today

its them as a company and nothing to do with us, as somebody posted earlier the kopites sponsor aint clean either. we could cancel the deal I suppose if it blows up bigger but at the moment just carry on as normal

Could be worse our neighbours sponsors Standard Chartered just been fined $1.1 bn for money laundering.
Do these clubs ( including ours ) not do due dilligence when entering into these agreements or do they just see $$££€€ signs.
All smacks of greed , i would do away with shirt sponsorship and let every club promote a charity on their shirts.

That's true actually - it's not like banks are saintly and honest. It looks due diligence is only as far as it does not affect the £ £ £ £ £

its them as a company and nothing to do with us, as somebody posted earlier the kopites sponsor aint clean either. we could cancel the deal I suppose if it blows up bigger but at the moment just carry on as normal

Interesting that The Guardian hasn't allowed comments on it either, probably because they know a lot of Blues would take them to task over it for that very reason

I don’t know why any big company would sponsor one of the other 14. What top brand wants to be associated with teams that are guaranteed to fail? The game is literally weighed against them so why should the big boys who distort the game in their respective arena want to be associated with cannon fodder in football? Instead we have to make do with betting companies wanting to make a name for themselves. The best we can hope for is a new company looking to burst into a particular market and we catch them before they become a big player or a big continental name looking to get established in the uk market.

I wish we could just find some inventive ways to find the money elsewhere and leave the sponsor off.

That would be better actually, if somehow we could do leave the sponsor off the shirt - it's so big as well. Surely the boards on the pitch, maybe even a logo on the screen when they do live coverage...something like that

Do you think our next shirt sponsor is likely to be USM or a related company?

No idea - There’s a chance all this is just coincidence with what’s happening with Pesa and the USM brand inching further in. On the other hand if they’ve known for a while, maybe as others have said we might Eitc for the rest of the season before USM comes in next season. Not sure how the FA will take Morishi and Usmanovs relationship though, we know how they like to make an example of us!

That would be better actually, if somehow we could do leave the sponsor off the shirt - it's so big as well. Surely the boards on the pitch, maybe even a logo on the screen when they do live coverage...something like that

I really like what Paddy Power have just done with Huddersfield Town ! Jealous of that kind of campaign. I bet some other clubs are also jealous now

And how much is 'a few shillings' today...and what is a 1950s £75k, which was the top prize,worth today?. In 1957 I started work on £3.35 a week! Now I won't get out of bed for 200 times that ;)
We will just have to agree to disagree on that topic Steve: You wouldn’t get out of bed for £670 a week? I wouldn’tmind a crack at that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.