Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually read the article and apparently the deal would have him stay in Brazil until January. Also his contract is up at the end of 2020 so they basically have to sell him now or risk losing him on a free somewhat soon. And he still hasn't played with the first team but is playing in u17 games coming up.
Brazilians can't sign for another club outside of brazil until they are 18 I believe. I'm not 100% sure

It's absolutely nuts for us to be doing something like that. I don't think it's true because it is so out of character. I completely advocate for taking risks on kids and trying to grow them. High risk high reward and all that. But this is beyond high risk. A kid with zero first team games for more than we've paid for anyone bar Gylfi and Richarlison. I just don't believe we'd do that even though he does look legitimately brilliant in the clips that are out.

It is completely out of character and surely we wouldn’t... but wouldn’t it be exciting and screw up the transfer window again if we actually did! I would love such a left field purchase and for me show the willingness for risk and big picture thinking we have been lacking for years.

Forget @Zatara I’ll need a tranquilliser.. this is exactly (almost) the type of deal we want to see.. a potential superstar pulled from their home country before going for Messi money (£40m still is Richy money)... I might be getting ahead of myself.

Didn’t Neymar cost like 50m or something at a similar age? So basically he’s the next Neymar .. get the F in

Brazilian wonderkid will be worth just as much in 2 years minimum subject to not being a complete dud so i say crack on. Prices keep going up so buy now. Plus we have plenty of players who talk his language & can help him settle.
I applaud bravery but not stupidity. All the big name players linked in recent weeks feel like they are slipping away so why not take a punt on a talented Brazilian. 6'3 too which is good & will fill out as he grows up.

Very good point

Status
Not open for further replies.