Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Dom and haven't given up on him but Kean is walking in the door as our best striker. Maybe he doesn't adapt to the league and flops. But if we sign him he is going to be up top at Selhurst.
I think our line up at Selhurst will be made up of players we’ve already got plus maybe Zouma if he signs. Any other new signings will be given a bit more time I think.

Looking at just the teams in the CL for next year he might get similar game time to what we would give him at a small number of clubs: Valencia, Leverkusen, Lyon and Lille. I'm not sure all of those can spend 40m. The rest of the clubs that could give him time are in smaller leagues. There are few others in the Europa such as Roma, Gladbach, and Sevilla. I don't think the competition is as big as people seem to think assuming Kean isn't going to leave Juve to ride the bench at a different club.

Hes indirectly competing with CR7 at Juve.

I think he would fancy his chances at most other clubs myself.

I think our line up at Selhurst will be made up of players we’ve already got plus maybe Zouma if he signs. Any other new signings will be given a bit more time I think.
If you are including Delph in that I pretty much agree since Gana won't be making it back in time. If someone like Kean who is clearly the best option up top were to be done and in camp this week it might be enough time to play him. Otherwise it'll be as you say.

Hes indirectly competing with CR7 at Juve.

I think he would fancy his chances at most other clubs myself.
Just looking at England he wouldn't play much at Arsenal, City, Spurs or the RS. United he'd have a chance but Ole loves Rashford and they have to shift Rom before buying someone else. Chelsea can't sign him. I like the kid as a prospect and we can wait for him to develop. Those clubs wouldn't be so accommodating to him struggling for form every now and then. If he's being realistic with himself, he will understand he needs 2 or 3 years where he is getting on the field.

Just looking at England he wouldn't play much at Arsenal, City, Spurs or the RS. United he'd have a chance but Ole loves Rashford and they have to shift Rom before buying someone else. Chelsea can't sign him. I like the kid as a prospect and we can wait for him to develop. Those clubs wouldn't be so accommodating to him struggling for form every now and then. If he's being realistic with himself, he will understand he needs 2 or 3 years where he is getting on the field.

West Ham would sell their Nan for a Striker, Newcastle, Palace, basically any team below the top 6 would play him every week, if hes as good as people claim.

Im sure you will counter that hes unlikely to sign for Norwich, but money talks, I would imagine Norwich would bend over backwards and insert any clauses Juve wanted as well.

West Ham would sell their Nan for a Striker, Newcastle, Palace, basically any team below the top 6 would play him every week, if hes as good as people claim.

Im sure you will counter that hes unlikely to sign for Norwich, but money talks, I would imagine Norwich would bend over backwards and insert any clauses Juve wanted as well.
That's true but there is a level we can offer that those other clubs can't. We are on the brink of Europe in a way none of those are. And I imagine we can get way closer to the wages he wants than any of those.

Going back to what Zat said it feels like he wants good wages and playing time. We have those more than anyone you've mentioned but West Ham and most smart players can see us as a step above that lot.

Point being it might be that the lack of competition is us being the only club interested that also fits what he wants enough that he has not told them no before anything could progress. And even if we are somehow the only club interested the lad is still very promising in my eyes.

Not really. We aint in Europe.

As sad as it is and as much as it pains me to say it but the lads 19. To him we're exactly that level.
We aint done squat in over 20 years.
That was in comparison to West Ham, Newcastle and Palace. I don't think it's outrageous to say we are still above that set of clubs.

That was in comparison to West Ham, Newcastle and Palace. I don't think it's outrageous to say we are still above that set of clubs.
I know that
You know that
All of US know that.
He's a 19 yr old kid who during his lifetime we aint won a thing
Nowt
Nada
Nish

To him and most lads his age we aint nothing special. We're a mid table premier league club with lofty ambitions. As are many others

I know that
You know that
All of US know that.
He's a 19 yr old kid who during his lifetime we aint won a thing
Nowt
Nada
Nish

To him and most lads his age we aint nothing special. We're a mid table premier league club with lofty ambitions. As are many others
I think we are seen as a level above the rest of the non "Big 6" teams with the exception of maybe Wolves and Leicester because of the wages we pay. Money talks to everyone and when we are paying salaries competitive with the bottom of the "Big 6" we are putting ourselves above sides like Palace and Newcastle. Plus we can sell people on ambition in a way everyone aside from Wolves and possibly West Ham can't. I think you are selling us a little bit short.

My original point still holds though.

If this 19 year old lad, that a lot of you are pinning your hopes and dreams on, is the talent he's being lauded to be, then why aren't every club with any kind of ambition all over him and none, apart from us, at any point seem to have shown ANY interest?
I think we are seen as a level above the rest of the non "Big 6" teams with the exception of maybe Wolves and Leicester because of the wages we pay. Money talks to everyone and when we are paying salaries competitive with the bottom of the "Big 6" we are putting ourselves above sides like Palace and Newcastle. Plus we can sell people on ambition in a way everyone aside from Wolves and possibly West Ham can't. I think you are selling us a little bit short.
I'm being realistic.
We've been in the league the longest is not really much of a selling point nowadays, nor is we're better than the likes of Leicester, especially seeing as they won the league 3 years ago. 25 years of nothingness is not a strong USP

If this 19 year old lad, that a lot of you are pinning your hopes and dreams on, is the talent he's being lauded to be, then why aren't every club with any kind of ambition all over him and none, apart from us, at any point seem to have shown ANY interest?

I'm being realistic.
We've been in the league the longest is not really much of a selling point nowadays, nor is we're better than the likes of Leicester, especially seeing as they won the league 3 years ago. 25 years of nothingness is not a strong USP
The point is fair. My defense is maybe for various reasons which have been outlined we fit the kind of club he wants to move to and other clubs have offered but have not fit the description so the offer isn't known. That's all I really have to refute it. It could be a legit sign that he isn't that good.

Now I think he is very good. He hasn't played a ton but the time he has played has been very good for a 19 year old. And he has the physique to hold up in this league in my eyes. So I'm not really worried about it too much.

I'm being realistic.

I reckon the talk of Raoila wanting him to move the prem makes sense. Looking at the realistic clubs who would sign him, combined with the connection between Raoila and brands, Everton probably make the most sense for a player in his position, and I doubt Brands wants a public bidding war. That would be one possible explanation

Now I think he is very good. He hasn't played a ton but the time he has played has been very good for a 19 year old
Well ye see, to me, he's a promising young lad who looked half decent In a few cameo appearances for one of THE elite clubs in world football. Still massively unproven and let's be honest he's gonna be playing with lesser talents at Everton than he was at Juve and the lack of interest from elsewhere concerns me.

Well ye see, to me, he's a promising young lad who looked half decent In a few cameo appearances for one of THE elite clubs in world football. Still massively unproven and let's be honest he's gonna be playing with lesser talents at Everton than he was at Juve and the lack of interest from elsewhere concerns me.
His spell at Verona was promising although it was mostly limited to sub appearances. I think he's a 15 goal a season striker if we or any other club give him the minutes to find himself in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.