Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss Gana but rather than a like-for-like I wish we'd go for some 6'3 beast with a massive engine or something. Sick of our midfield being overpowered by the likes of watford etc.

Don't know where all this Gueye replacement is coming from considering I've hardly seen him linked away after Jan.

Regarding Delph though;

Don't think he'll be a Barry type signing. Barry was always underrated and played in a Villa side that was pushing for Europe for most of his career. Don't forget Alonso was sold to make way for him (rightly or wrongly) by Liverpool. Barry came into our squad and made an impact - he'd been battling for titles for the past 2 years and he was still a good starting player for a lot of teams.

Delph won't be that I don't think. There won't be the impact Barry made and I don't think he had enough experience battling for the title with City, I wouldn't suggest you ever walk a title but two of the highest top flight points tally's says something about whether they fought for a title or not. As a rotation option I think he'll be an acceptable player - but it all depends on his wages. If he's earning a decent wedge here then we've messed up with this one, I think our scouts could find similar players with experience that could play a similar role for less £££'s a week.

But I'm just a lad on the internet in me parents house, I don't speak gospel. Prove me wrong Delph!

Don't know where all this Gueye replacement is coming from considering I've hardly seen him linked away after Jan.

Regarding Delph though;

Don't think he'll be a Barry type signing. Barry was always underrated and played in a Villa side that was pushing for Europe for most of his career. Don't forget Alonso was sold to make way for him (rightly or wrongly) by Liverpool. Barry came into our squad and made an impact - he'd been battling for titles for the past 2 years and he was still a good starting player for a lot of teams.

Delph won't be that I don't think. There won't be the impact Barry made and I don't think he had enough experience battling for the title with City, I wouldn't suggest you ever walk a title but two of the highest top flight points tally's says something about whether they fought for a title or not. As a rotation option I think he'll be an acceptable player - but it all depends on his wages. If he's earning a decent wedge here then we've messed up with this one, I think our scouts could find similar players with experience that could play a similar role for less £££'s a week.

But I'm just a lad on the internet in me parents house, I don't speak gospel. Prove me wrong Delph!

They were pushed every step of the way last season and Delph filled in, in a couple of positions when called on and did very well.

Not sure how I feel on this one.

I do see the benefits though I'd be worried if he was a replacement for Gana if that is indeed the plan (which is pure speculation).

If the plan is to keep Gana and ship out McCarthy, Besic and Schneiderlin, then I don't mind this signing at all.
Have a feeling the plan is to try and get fair money for McCarthy besic and Schneiderlin, but have a feeling that's easier said than done and one or more may end up staying because there's very little interest from (1) clubs that can afford their wages and (2) clubs they'd be interested in signing for. We were left in a terrible mess by bad contract decisions made by previous managers/DOFs

They were pushed every step of the way last season and Delph filled in, in a couple of positions when called on and did very well.
I don’t see why people think this is a bad signing. Like you have said he can play a couple of positions and when called upon at city normally did his job well enough. People saying he only played 1/4 or a 1/3 of their games are ridiculous because apart from the worldies like KDB, aguero and co actually started most of the games as they would in any team in the world

So he's a trouble maker on top of everything else?

SELL
If you are inferring that both men are 'Blanking' each other, I beg to differ. I think that Peps testicles are a foot lower than Fabs are, and Peps head
(On his shoulders) is a foot higher than fabs, which only goes to prove that they are 10 yards away from each other, unless it's a Peter Crouch and
Bobby Collins situation.

Think there's some evidence on this site that I have...

Ok, so can you explain what difference Gana has made to us?

I mean im not seeing a massive increase in league placing since he joined.

Im not saying hes not a great player, im just saying that we bobbed along with him, we bobbed along without him.

Heres a different question, other than Messi and CR7, can you name any player in world football that is irreplaceable to their team?

Status
Not open for further replies.