2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, I've hardly shown any impatince with Brands this summer. But we are now approaching two months completed of this transfer window with one to go, and we are MILES off being where we need to be.

If we had the knowledge that thre's going to be cash to spend this summer regardless of player sales, I;d be more relaxed about it. But we wont have that to fall back on. I'm already getting the uneasy feeling that the striker situation has drifted and that we'll end up with some bollocks statment come August 8th about Ricahrlison being our out and out attacker and that he's ready to hand us 25 goals per season.

We're drifting down river to a steep waterfall.

That Dave is the problem as you well know. Getting rid of the deadwood is not that easy to make room on the wages bill. It comes down to the question do any clubs want this deadwood.

That is the reality

That Dave is the problem as you well know. Getting rid of the deadwood is not that easy to make room on the wages bill. It comes down to the question do any clubs want this deadwood.

That is the reality

It’s easy if you’d sell the likes of Mina for 15 million, like Dave.

No wonder he’s not happy.

When we look back on players’ careers with us and judge how they did do we ever care if they were signed in June or the last second of the window? If anything the last gasp successes are even more satisfying. Of course earlier signings are slightly preferable in the season they join but not if it means massively over-paying or buying the wrong guys just because they are available (Klaassen & Sandro anyone?). Unlike most folk in and around Everton Marcel Brands earned some trust with his work last season so I’d have thought even the chronic bedwetters might have held their water a bit beyond the first week in July.

When we look back on players’ careers with us and judge how they did do we ever care if they were signed in June or the last second of the window? If anything the last gasp successes are even more satisfying. Of course earlier signings are slightly preferable in the season they join but not if it means massively over-paying or buying the wrong guys just because they are available (Klaassen & Sandro anyone?). Unlike most folk in and around Everton Marcel Brands earned some trust with his work last season so I’d have thought even the chronic bedwetters might have held their water a bit beyond the first week in July.
Same people every time. They hate themselves and project it onto Everton. Just you wait until West Ham spunk 40m on some no mark. Fortunately Everton doesn't care about a load of bedwetters on a message board who cry constantly. I can't wait until the season starts again. ;)

Headline today is Moshiri has ordered Diego Costa.

Not going to make Marcel's job any easier, is it, considering he will have been working on deals for probably a year only for them to be trumped by Moshiri's vanity project.

Costa might be a great signing , I don't know. Immediately you'd think yes get him but if Brands is trying to develop a certain style by bringing in certain players to fit a mould him and Silva have agreed on, all the money being blown on Costa would basically cancel those plans.

Headline today is Moshiri has ordered Diego Costa.

Not going to make Marcel's job any easier, is it, considering he will have been working on deals for probably a year only for them to be trumped by Moshiri's vanity project.

Costa might be a great signing , I don't know. Immediately you'd think yes get him but if Brands is trying to develop a certain style by bringing in certain players to fit a mould him and Silva have agreed on, all the money being blown on Costa would basically cancel those plans.
Mate its paper talk bollocks.

That is the reality
Apparently, though, it'd be easy to get shut of Mina, whose on an arm and a leg wages, and we'd get £30M for hm even after a terrible debut season.

I'm confused.

• Haha
Reactions: FTY
Apparently, though, it'd be easy to get shut of Mina, whose on an arm and a leg wages, and we'd get £30M for hm even after a terrible debut season.

I'm confused.

Hes not on arm and legs wages, hes just back after starring for his country in the Copa America and not long off the back of starring for his country in a World Cup.

As I said, if Harry Maguire is worth 85m, getting 50 or 60m for Mina would be an utter cakewalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.