Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid have managed to spend 280m on some decent players, not the type of players you expect for 280m like tho.

I mean IMO thats a shocking waste of money.
They are desperate though as last season was such a disaster, and they knew the squad was aging and only going to get worse. Its almost as much to appease fans I suspect then as to improve the squad, and thats a recipe for problems.

Meant in the prem. Dortmund were going full on early doors but can’t say I know if they’ve bought or sold anyone else.

Bits and bobs going off all over the place, still AFCON, Gold Cup, Copa ongoing, loads of players still on holiday, August will no doubt it will pop off everywhere, a LOT of money floating around.

I think some people on here forget how things were last window. It was a very good window for us, but it was almost all very late signings. The first was Richarlison on the 24th of July. Lucas Digne was August 1st. There were 4 signings on deadline day(Bernard, Gomes, Mina, Zouma). I suspect thats Brands MO. To get good players, at good prices, you have to be willing to push it late.

People aren’t happy about this but it doesn’t take top players long to settle. It’s not ideal but I’d rather have better players up to speed for 35 games of the season than not as good ones for 38.
It’s not like when the window closed a few weeks into the season.

They are desperate though as last season was such a disaster, and they knew the squad was aging and only going to get worse. Its almost as much to appease fans I suspect then as to improve the squad, and thats a recipe for problems.

I mean they have signed some very good players there, POTENTIALLY, Hazard apart the rest arent proven quality by any stretch.

People aren’t happy about this but it doesn’t take top players long to settle. It’s not ideal but I’d rather have better players up to speed for 35 games of the season than not as good ones for 38.
It’s not like when the window closed a few weeks into the season.

Look missing a preseason does set players back, slightly, it of course does take some players time to adjust, but we are signing players for 2 or 3 years, not just 2 or 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.