Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get what you're arguing - are you saying we shouldn't buy young players and sell them on for double what we paid?

Why wouldnt we want to make enough profit from players who don’t contribute to be able to buy players like zouma and Gomes who will? It’s a strange attitude.

The thing very few people seem to ever agree with me on is that none of them really ever got the chance to prove it. I know it's a dead horse at this point but RBL and CSKA both gave them chances to prove what they had and they rose up to that level. We don't do that and then wonder why our young players can't shine.

If you remember Davies best stretch was when he got a ton of games the second half of Koeman's first season. Since then he has been in and out and predictably he hasn't been able to keep the consistency. DCL's best stretch was this year when he started consistently. It isn't some big secret. To properly evaluate players they have to get a run of games.

Probably mate is cos nobody actually cares how they play for Soft Drink FC in DAS SPL or CSKA Putin in the Russian 5 a side league, yeah, they are both CL teams, but honestly, I doubt the majority care how other teams players play.

Neither were given much a chance at all, ive said in the past that we should have at have given both loads more minutes, but we can only assume that havent done enough in training to warrant it and to go back to my point, neither, in their fleeting and very brief minutes, have proven they even deserve games, FOR US.

The thing very few people seem to ever agree with me on is that none of them really ever got the chance to prove it. I know it's a dead horse at this point but RBL and CSKA both gave them chances to prove what they had and they rose up to that level. We don't do that and then wonder why our young players can't shine.

If you remember Davies best stretch was when he got a ton of games the second half of Koeman's first season. Since then he has been in and out and predictably he hasn't been able to keep the consistency. DCL's best stretch was this year when he started consistently. It isn't some big secret. To properly evaluate players they have to get a run of games.

But like everyone keeps saying, you have to earn your place in the team whilst training. They clearly didn’t.

Probably mate is cos nobody actually cares how they play for Soft Drink FC in DAS SPL or CSKA Putin in the Russian 5 a side league, yeah, they are both CL teams, but honestly, I doubt the majority care how other teams players play.

Neither were given much a chance at all, ive said in the past that we should have at have given both loads more minutes, but we can only assume that havent done enough in training to warrant it and to go back to my point, neither, in their fleeting and very brief minutes, have proven they even deserve games, FOR US.
Lookman sets up the winner against Palace, gets one start and back to the bench. Another assist and a generally good performance against Bournemouth and then we go to Milwall and lose and somehow he's the one who gets binned off for the next 6 months. I don't know when we aren't an attacking powerhouse that feels like enough to maybe get some degree of a leash.

Lookman sets up the winner against Palace, gets one start and back to the bench. Another assist and a generally good performance against Bournemouth and then we go to Milwall and lose and somehow he's the one who gets binned off for the next 6 months. I don't know when we aren't an attacking powerhouse that feels like enough to maybe get some degree of a leash.
Because he does not apply himself in training according to the manager.
If you do not do that you do not deserve to start.

But like everyone keeps saying, you have to earn your place in the team whilst training. They clearly didn’t.
They clearly didn't in the eyes of our coaches. Which includes two clowns and Marco who I have faith in but who also has a whole lot to prove. I worry that he may be making mistakes with the youngsters.

You guys better vault the crap out of me when Bernard bangs in double digit goals next season and Lookman is playing for Rotherham

I’m confident any of our ex-managers know more about footie than you and I pal.
Doesn't mean they're always right. I will freely admit that I couldn't manage a team but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about how it is run. That's what this place is for right?

I'm saying we should try to actually make them useful members of our team first. Then if they want to leave to go to United or Chelsea or whoever do it. Selling our young players to CSKA Moscow isn't ideal.
I trust brands with his judgement. His track record suggests he has a good eye for a player. He obviously thought Vlasic wasn’t good enough for us or the premier league. Sadly we have other players at the club who fall into that category

Status
Not open for further replies.