Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands did an amazing job last summer. Brought some decent players in for good fees and got rid of as much deadwood as he could. He's also brought in Gomes, who, i think we could at least double our money on if he has another decent season, and got Sandro on his way for another year. We can't make teams take our crap players, and I'm sure he's fully aware of our massive wages outlay each month. I'm sure he's also in contact with the clubs all of our targeted players, but most player trading happens in a chain, so we could be waiting for a while before any movement on some of them. As supporters we'd all want it done ASAP, but in reality it won't. I don't understand some of the breakdowns on here, when they're probably in the process of doing exactly what we want them to do, they just can't tell us yet. I'd rather hear nothing until they sign, than spend weeks panicking about a player we're trying to get, but hearing other teams are trying to usurp us and agents dropping info, left, right and centre trying to get a public bidding war on the go. Just relax ffs

We’ve had terrible transfer windows since the summer of 2014 up until the first summer Brands arrived. We’ve wasted millions on players no one else wanted, we’ve over paid to get players in early, or given them massive wages to attract them, we’ve gone for flavours of the month, premier league proven, unknown Europeans. It all failed. We were left with a completely unbalanced squad shorn of any quality whatsoever with no saleable assets.

Brands had one shortened window last summer and brings in 5 players who go straight into the first team with the 6th (Mina) likely to bed in this season. Of those players, Richarlison has already close to doubled in value, Digne has likely more than tripled, and we could make a massive profit on Bernard if we wished. Three of these players arrived on or close to the final day of the window.

So why after a window that he started with us re-signing Gomes at probably about half his true markets value, are people moaning about our transfer policy?!

For once we have a bloke in charge who knows what he’s doing yet he’s being questioned by the same population who were giddy about the Sandro deal or praised Koeman for signing prem proven quality in Bolasie and Williams, or claimed that Tosun was the Lukaku replacement we’d all waited for. We’ve all done it.

Let Brands just get on with it FFS and I would wager that our squad when the window closes is stronger than it is now and far stronger after 2 summers under Brands than at any point since Moyes left.

A "usually reliable" source...
giphy.gif

We’ve had terrible transfer windows since the summer of 2014 up until the first summer Brands arrived. We’ve wasted millions on players no one else wanted, we’ve over paid to get players in early, or given them massive wages to attract them, we’ve gone for flavours of the month, premier league proven, unknown Europeans. It all failed. We were left with a completely unbalanced squad shorn of any quality whatsoever with no saleable assets.

Brands had one shortened window last summer and brings in 5 players who go straight into the first team with the 6th (Mina) likely to bed in this season. Of those players, Richarlison has already close to doubled in value, Digne has likely more than tripled, and we could make a massive profit on Bernard if we wished. Three of these players arrived on or close to the final day of the window.

So why after a window that he started with us re-signing Gomes at probably about half his true markets value, are people moaning about our transfer policy?!

For once we have a bloke in charge who knows what he’s doing yet he’s being questioned by the same population who were giddy about the Sandro deal or praised Koeman for signing prem proven quality in Bolasie and Williams, or claimed that Tosun was the Lukaku replacement we’d all waited for. We’ve all done it.

Let Brands just get on with it FFS and I would wager that our squad when the window closes is stronger than it is now and far stronger after 2 summers under Brands than at any point since Moyes left.

At the end of the first week in August, there are still no more in's or out's, then fine, we all go mad, but right now, maybe relax a bit and try to trust in Brands, who's done a cracking job up to now

At the end of the first week in August, there are still no more in's or out's, then fine, we all go mad, but right now, maybe relax a bit and try to trust in Brands, who's done a cracking job up to now

When Brands arrived we all called for sensible patient recruitment and an end to wasting money. It seemed that sentiment lasted all of about one season and now we’re back to criticising the club for not spending 30 million on Ayoze Perez!!!

I bet half the moaners had never even considered Perez as a possible player they'd want at the club too. Its like every but of transfer news about any club is compared to ours, and panic ensues.

Hi, I’m Troy McClure. You might remember me from such bedwetting rants as:
“West Ham will surpass us if they get Pellegrini!”

“Newcastle: the new European powerhouse?”
Seems to be true. The fella who failed with a £2bn bid to buy Liverpool last year, that bid being more than Moshiri is even worth.

We’ve got a bargain basement billionaire who has scaled back on his vision for the club. The leaked documents of the stadium prove this.

So Newcastle will be another club who’ll move miles ahead of us, whilst we chug along doing nothing of any note. We’ll continue to sell our biggest assets, just like we have done throughout Moshiri’s time here.

Richarlison will be our transfer budget for next year.
West Ham being encouraged to bid, it’ll either be by Gomes’ agent or Barcelona.

Clearly we’re struggling in negotiations to get him back. Armature hour.
Newcastle are now a more attractive proposition than us. Another club we’re now behind in the pecking order.

Moshiri should’ve sold up as soon as he heard that they wanted to buy into a Premier League club.

If it is true that Qatar want a Premier League club, he should be banging on their door now.
Bigger stadium
One club city
Owner backed up by £118bn

Take your pick.

Resorting to insults, you sad little man.

West Ham throwing the money around again, meanwhile at Everton...

Further to this, they’ve also launched a £13m bid for Joan Jordan.

Our targets must be cut off from the outside world on their holidays.

You mean rants like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.