• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what-in-the-wide-world-of-sports-gif-3.gif

If we get Zouma we haven't actually improved the squad from last season. Just converter loans to permanent. Must do more to get a top 6 spot next season
We were 3rd best team in the league in the final third of the season once everyone had bedded in.

No issues at all if that's what we start with next season.

We were 3rd best team in the league in the final third of the season once everyone had bedded in.

Yeah unfortunately Everton seem incapable of mixing top 3 form with even mid table form. We have to have a spell of relegation form somewhere for a few months until we’re out of everything then we start playing well.

It’d be stupid to ignore that big segment in the middle where we were woeful just because we were good in the last third.

Yes we need to trim a lot of the squad but we need to bring in more quality.

It’d be stupid to ignore that big segment in the middle where we were woeful just because we were good in the last third.

Yes we need to trim a lot of the squad but we need to bring in more quality.
Yes it would be but if we can cut that shorter which I believe we could then we would better off.
In my opinion if Pickford doesn't gift the RS the derby then that bad run doesn't happen.

I'd love shiny new signings but it's not the end of the world going with what we have.

In terms of sales:
Mirallas
McCarthy
Besic
Walcott
Tosun
Niasse
Bolasie
Schneiderlin

Will be the higher earners...would be nice to see a few out next week.
That's around £600k pw, over £30m pa, without even effecting our first team squad if we bring in the other players we are expecting. Plus we've already lost the wages of Williams, Jags, Sandro, Vlasic and hopefully a chunk off Baines when we extended his contract. Possibly another £250k pw, £13m pa.

To counter that we have to pay the wages of the new guys coming in. I would imagine what we're paying Gomes would be equivalent to what the wages he was on at Barca and so we would have covered that last year. We'll probably have to up Zouma's by about £40k pw if he's only on about that sort of figure now. If managed to bring in Kean I'm sure we would probably agree a rising scale with him starting at about £40/50k pw. Somebody like Neres or Malcolm would probably demand over £100k pw. But even so there would be a massive savings annual wages of circa £30m.

The question is whether we would be able to get much in the way of transfer fees for them to help finance the purchases. Walcott and Tosun may bring in £10m each. McCarthy, Besic and Niasse maybe £5m each. Can only see the others going on loan. May need to sell either Lookman or Henry to help balance the books if we end up spending big on Neres.

That's around £600k pw, over £30m pa, without even effecting our first team squad if we bring in the other players we are expecting. Plus we've already lost the wages of Williams, Jags, Sandro, Vlasic and hopefully a chunk off Baines when we extended his contract. Possibly another £250k pw, £13m pa.

To counter that we have to pay the wages of the new guys coming in. I would imagine what we're paying Gomes would be equivalent to what the wages he was on at Barca and so we would have covered that last year. We'll probably have to up Zouma's by about £40k pw if he's only on about that sort of figure now. If managed to bring in Kean I'm sure we would probably agree a rising scale with him starting at about £40/50k pw. Somebody like Neres or Malcolm would probably demand over £100k pw. But even so there would be a massive savings annual wages of circa £30m.

The question is whether we would be able to get much in the way of transfer fees for them to help finance the purchases. Walcott and Tosun may bring in £10m each. McCarthy, Besic and Niasse maybe £5m each. Can only see the others going on loan. May need to sell either Lookman or Henry to help balance the books if we end up spending big on Neres.

Absolute ZERO chance that they've taken all of Sandro's wages on. They've barely got a pot to piss in, if they're contributing any more than £20,000 pw I'll be astonished.

Status
Not open for further replies.