New Everton Stadium Discussion

In the esk's WHS thread on Toffeeweb ( I'd do a link if I knew how)
Tom Hughes @ reply 96 is laying down some pertinent, if long, stuff.
Many contentious points to which there may or may not be easy answers
Like exec boxes - 20 ffs, Villa have 100
Transport, the same transport thst helped scupper Kirkby
Plus others
IMO, worth taking on board.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/18-19/news/38195.html

Well worth a read Tom's posts, I agree.

More from Tom Hughes via Toffeeweb on new waterfront stadium costs.

Cost: The project costs have grown to £600m from a previous figure of £500m. What has caused this increase? Can we have a breakdown of these costs? What are the full site-prep and/or heritage-led costs? A figure of £30-40m was mentioned just for raising the quayside above predicted flood plain levels (?).

If this is historic preservation, is it really part of our remit or costs? Is it really necessary to raise the ground level rather than just the outer sea wall, with inner waterway acting as a high-volume flood path? How can there be such a significant forecasted cost increase when the design brief fundamentals via the consultation process have supposedly yet to be finally established?

There are several other current stadium proposals at similar stages of gestation, that we can take direct comparison from. Feyenood are looking at a 63k triple-tier stadium with closing roof. This is being built on their waterfront with some reclamation required. The construction cost is being quoted as <€400m

Roma
have their stadium project, also on a historic waterfront. This has the additional parallels in that it is also designed by Dan Meis, with an almost exact equivalent capacity of just over 52k for a stadium construction cost <€300m

I've tried to avoid whole-project costs as they can vary widly. From what we have seen so far, both these examples appear to be at least as structurally complex and ambitious in design terms as Bramley-Moore Dock. If anything, Feyenoord is quite a bit more substantial and technically challenging. Both appear to have progressed further in their respective design phases, at least as regards published images and presentation materials. So are their construction cost figures more solid too? If so, why the disparity?
@davek
# devilsadvocate,
#thetruthisoutthere,
#iwanttobelieve

It's worrying. Obvioulsy Tom Hughes would prefer Everton to remain at GP, but he's not a zealout - he backed the Scotland Road alternative when DK was in play, so he's not hidebound to staying put.

He's right to flag up the vagueness of it all. There seems to be little to Everton's BMD scheme than the expression of ambitions. Detail is at a minimum. And the delay in application for PP is in danger of collapsing any impetus for this project.

I'd trust people like Tom Hughes a lot more than I'd trust anyone in a position of authority at this club, that's for sure.

This whole thing depends on cash, and it's the fence we tend to fall at. £600M debt loaded ontp this club? Sorry, I just dont see any investor buying into that vision.

It's worrying. Obvioulsy Tom Hughes would prefer Everton to remain at GP, but he's not a zealout - he backed the Scotland Road alternative when DK was in play, so he's not hidebound to staying put.

He's right to flag up the vagueness of it all. There seems to be little to Everton's BMD scheme than the expression of ambitions. Detail is at a minimum. And the delay in application for PP is in danger of collapsing any impetus for this project.

I'd trust people like Tom Hughes a lot more than I'd trust anyone in a position of authority at this club, that's for sure.

This whole thing depends on cash, and it's the fence we tend to fall at. £600M debt loaded ontp this club? Sorry, I just dont see any investor buying into that vision.
When you say backed the Scotland rd alternative do you mean the Bestway site ?

Why don't we just name the stadium

THE UNESCO Stadium

Shared sponsors of UN (United Nations) which in turn helps with Usmanov's human rights record on the downlow and ESCO Technologies with a net worth of $2.18 billion. We keep our World Heritage site badge and bring in much needed stadium revenue.

Everyone wins