2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't like the idea of a DoF either

To me, everything the DoF does should be something the manager is capable of doing, but sadly we're stuck with the DoF system now and if we're going to have one I think Brands is a good choice

When you weigh it all up Moyes did a cracking job. Recruitment and on the field relative success given the budgets he was working in.

There’s not enough hours in the day for a manager to do everything a DoF does and be a manager.

Not buying that. There's enough time for a manager to oversee player signings as well as organising the coaching of the team

There's something to be said for the manager having full control. It's no coincidence to me that managers get sacked so often these days and that players seem to so regularly turn on them. The manager isn't the boss anymore, the DoF is, so managers don't command the same authority they once did

Not buying that. There's enough time for a manager to oversee player signings as well as organising the coaching of the team

There's something to be said for the manager having full control. It's no coincidence to me that managers get sacked so often these days and that players seem to so regularly turn on them. The manager isn't the boss anymore, the DoF is, so managers don't command the same authority they once did

You think a DoF’s only remit is signing players?????

A director of football’s job isn’t just to sign players you know.

Thats cos of money Mikey.

Players used to fear losing their job, now they dont care.

There's easy ones like Klaassen and Bolassie and Siggurdson and Schneiderlin who Koemageddon lauded before buying. Almost certainly Gueye was a Walsh signing - it's so much like the Kante signing. Lookman would also have been a Walsh signing.

Vlasic was a pure Koeman indulgence signing. ‘Oh he looked good against us, Farhad I need another 10 mill’

To think if he’d got his way we would have had Giroud for 40 mill, Sissoko for 30, Lamina Kone for 30, and Arnautovic to play on the wing.

He singlehandedly set us back about 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back