Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a little bit of Micky Quinn on the radio this morning laughing about us being optimistic about transfer targets and basically calling Brands a bit of an unproven clown. Also suggested that some of the names thrown about confirm how delusional we are as a club and how we've refused to accept we have no more pull than any other mid-table club.

Seemed a bit bitter.

So basically the fat mess contradicted himself totally. How can you accept you're a mid club by going after fanciful targets?

It isn't really revisionism. He was pretty good for us before he got hurt but most people decided he was terrible because we overpaid for him. Once he got hurt he was never the same and the last 6 months here he was truly horrendous. As Mikey pointed out you can go back and look at the forum. There were reasonable people who didn't go mad at his price tag saying that he was doing alright. I reckon he would've hit 10 assists that year if he didn't get hurt. Would you bet on anybody on the team now to do that next year? Maybe Sigurdsson or Digne?

Bolasie was around the same price as Mane the same summer. Says it all

Doesn't change the validity of the post. Zouma for £30m is much better value than Maguire for £70m. In fact, if I had the choice of Maguire or Zouma and money wasn't an issue, I think I would still go for Zouma.

I'm happy United are going after Maguire.

Me too. He'd improve United TBF, but for the money they're spending they could have got much, much better

Real sociedad played 42 games last season sandro started 11 games and was a substitute in 15 he played a grand total of 1241 minutes. The equivalent of 13 full games out of 42. His starts he played as a striker 6 times out of 11, 4 more then any other position.

His best stat for sociedad was his shots on target 1.8pg his second highest stat was his bad touches 1.5pg his third was being fouled 1pg. All his other stats are under 0.9pg his pass% is alright (78.1%)untill you see how man passes he makes a game (14.1).

In all of the 27 games he played last season do you know how many times he was directly involved in a goal? Once and it was a assist for everton in the leauge cup against Rotherham.

So, yes. I think we are all well within our right to say he had a very poor season and is crap.
I was delighted when we signed him I figured he was going to be great, there was also a young lad at Celtic that I wanted us to sign too I genuinely believed that with the 2 of them we would have had 2 of the best young players in Europe, I can't remember the lads name from Celtic and Sandro has only scored a goal or 2 since then. This is why I'm not a scout. Edit: Dembele

Do you reckon Che Adams was ever really on the cards, or was he just getting linked with us because we needed a striker?

I honestly think it was a rumour bashed up purely on his middle name. Loads of Google crawls would have produced the words Che adams and Everton together because of that and some auto generated rumours may have derived and grown from this.

People complain that we haven’t pushed on in years and moan season in and season out about how aiming for seventh isn’t good enough and what’s the point of playing if we’re not in it to win trophies, then they turn round and say that players like Bolasie, Sandro and Martina are actually good enough for this club that should be trying to compete at the very top. They then go on to say that through his signings and the wages he’s got us stuck with, a man who put us in a financial situation where being owned by an actual billionaire doesn’t really count for much “actually did a pretty good job”.

I know we go on about Liverpool, Newcastle and United fans and everything but some elements of our fan base are absolutely mental.

As with any player who gets a really serious injury one would wonder how their career would have developed if the injury had not occurred.

Before his injury I thought he was doing reasonably well in a team that wasn't doing well at all.
The injury seems to have finished him as a player at a high level of football.

...medical intervention is so good these days, I doubt that injury will physically inhibit him now. Indeed, as I said at the time, his movement was so awkward he was always susceptible to injuring a knee joint on these modern pitches.

If anything, the timing hasn’t helped because the Manager has changed and brought in better quality that means he would’ve struggled for game time regardless. He’s in a very fortunate position to be earning such massive money whilst being sidelined, if this happens to an Academy player it has more consequence.

I honestly think it was a rumour bashed up purely on his middle name. Loads of Google crawls would have produced the words Che adams and Everton together because of that and some auto generated rumours may have derived and grown from this.
lollollollol no chance

...apologies if mentioned pages back, but it seems Silva is including Nathangelo Markelo in pre-season training. I thought he was older than 20, and can be used at RB so it’ll be interesting to see if he could deputise for Coleman inthe short-term.

12 months left on his contract, but the club have an option to extend if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.