Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
“- Everton have been linked with a move for David Neres who caught the eye during Ajax’s sensational Champions League run. The 22 year old winger is reported to have told the Liverpool Echo that he is keen to move to England, but he wouldn’t commit to rumours linking him with a £40m transfer to Everton”

???

I can just imagine him phoning the Sports Desk at the Echo to give them some vague random comment!

A little bit surprised about the lack of signings so far...thought we would have wrapped up 3 by now.

Surely more deals next week...ideally a handful of outs imminently
No need to panic yet I would think. Plenty of clubs yet to conduct any business, never mind multiple signings. Pre-season starts on Monday - I'd expect more move in the coming weeks.

Clearly Zouma is priority number 1 at the moment and it's a bit of a waiting game there.

franck-kessie-ac-milan-2018-19_1uxd8hgjx7syc1fburxti68gzc.jpg

22 in Yakubu Years :Blink:
Look a bit of a Truck! Can he dazzle too or just bustle and barge?

A little bit surprised about the lack of signings so far...thought we would have wrapped up 3 by now.

Surely more deals next week...ideally a handful of outs imminently

It’s still Everton mate, when have we ever looked to be stealing a march on the rest of the league in terms of transfers? Some of our best work has come on the final day too. Lukaku loan, Gomes and Zouma, Mina.

Marcus Bent .. I can't even remember much about him other than he ran his socks off and held the ball up well. We were a good hardworking team that 4th season but I don't remember it as being a prolific season !

I can just imagine him phoning the Sports Desk at the Echo to give them some vague random comment!

DN: "Hi Liverpool echo, this is David Neres, I'm interested in coming to England"

LE: "oh right, is this in relation to rumours linking you to Everton? Or are you going to ditch them for the much better Liverpool team, 6 times European champions?"

DN: "no comment, I don't want to speak about the rumours, I just wanted to tell you guys I'd like to come to England"

Yeah, I really can't see this happening

DN: "Hi Liverpool echo, this is David Neres, I'm interested in coming to England"

LE: "oh right, is this in relation to rumours linking you to Everton? Or are you going to ditch them for the much better Liverpool team, 6 times European champions?"

DN: "no comment, I don't want to speak about the rumours, I just wanted to tell you guys I'd like to come to England"

Yeah, I really can't see this happening
Read like a cold call that

“- Everton have been linked with a move for David Neres who caught the eye during Ajax’s sensational Champions League run. The 22 year old winger is reported to have told the Liverpool Echo that he is keen to move to England, but he wouldn’t commit to rumours linking him with a £40m transfer to Everton”

???
“The Ajax man himself remained tight-lipped when asked about Everton's interest, telling the ECHO: "I try to stay focused on what's happening on the pitch, and on the competition I'm playing in. I leave those things to my agents to deal with.

"Of course the Premier League interests me. It's the best league in the world, and I've always wanted to play there. But I leave all that in God's hands."”

It’s still Everton mate, when have we ever looked to be stealing a march on the rest of the league in terms of transfers? Some of our best work has come on the final day too. Lukaku loan, Gomes and Zouma, Mina.

And in all fairness, whacking people in early is not the panacea people make it. We did that 2 years ago, paid what people wanted for players and largely overpaid in a coordinated way. After that summer I re-evaluated my views on transfers really. It's about getting the right people in, for the right price, in a measured way as opposed to just blitzing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.