2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, in isolation they weren't terrible, but the squad collectively was. You don't agree with that?

I did say that in my original post, or words to those effect.

Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions”

Do we have to rank Brands within the context of other managers? Do we have to work out just how many times better he is than Walsh/Koeman, or how under/overrated Martinez's transfer dealings were. Can we not just appreciate that Brands is doing a good job and the club look to be going in the right direction with a cohesive plan? Or is that a bit too dry-mattressed?

Almost all of those players only showed their best when actually moulded into a squad by Silva at the end of last season. Moonhead bought a load of number 10’s and made the most bloated squad imaginable that probably would have got us relegated. We overspent massively on Sig, Davy and Bolasie etc. which buggered us financially too, with a load more crap on massive wages. He was a stain.

And again

“Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions”

And again

“Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions”

Most of the players we bought were below the level we needed, for the money we paid out. He made a team up of number tens, we had four or five, very little pace and the whole team was disjointed as a result. Rooney done okay, Sigurdsson was a good signing, but should have been surrounded by pace and skill, he wasn't. Pickford and Gueye were his best signings, Keane had a nightmare first season, he has settled now and we got one decent year out of Williams. Bolasie was poor and has always had a poor goalscoring record throughout his career. The other two signings weren't worth a mention tbh.

He signed Keane and Pickford, we could double our outlay on them both if we sold them. Gylfi was also a good purchase, Gana was an excellent purchase.

We made a loss on Klaassen, Martina cost little, Sandro was a free but high wages. Rooney was sold at a profit.

Williams was ok for a season, Bolasie was decent until his injury so can’t blame him for that, Schneiderlin was decent value for the money.

Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions.
Im sorry all 3 signings have been poor. Nearly 55m and countless more millions in wages as well.

Im sorry all 3 signings have been poor. Nearly 55m and countless more millions in wages as well.

Well I clearly recall everyone raving about Schneiderlin after him joining us until the end of the season, so for the 20m or so he cost I’d say he’s been a pretty reasonable signing to date, particularly as he was involved again last season.

We’d get half the fee back we paid for him too at least.

Well I clearly recall everyone raving about Schneiderlin after him joining us until the end of the season, so for the 20m or so he cost I’d say he’s been a pretty reasonable signing to date, particularly as he was involved again last season.

We’d get half the fee back we paid for him too at least.
Schneiderlin was an absolute shocker in the Koemallardyce season. Terrible on the pitch and an unprofessional douche off it. Trying to dress him up as a good signing on the basis of a decent six months at the start of his contract and a handful of decent games nearly two years later is laughable. He's a disgrace and he needs to do one.

I did say that in my original post, or words to those effect.

Sandro remains his “Niasse” moment, apart from that it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as made out in the market, his mistake was lack of cohesion with his purchases and too many players for similar positions”

It was as bad as made out. He brought in the worst player in our history (don’t care if it was on a free), went into a season with ONE left footed player registered for the first team, no pace, no striker, one functioning centre back in Keane. Schneiderlin was dreadful and so was Bolasie too by the way.

Mate, I really don’t know why you still try so hard to defend Koeman at every opportunity. It’s ok to be wrong on the internet you know. I was wrong about him. It’s fine, take it on the chin and move on.

It was as bad as made out. He brought in the worst player in our history (don’t care if it was on a free), went into a season with ONE left footed player registered for the first team, no pace, no striker, one functioning centre back in Keane. Schneiderlin was dreadful and so was Bolasie too by the way.

Mate, I really don’t know why you’re still trying so hard to defend Koeman. It’s ok to be wrong on the internet you know. I was wrong about him.

Mike I’m not defending him at all, that might be how you are reading it, but it’s really not the case.

I’m stating that he had good buys and bad buys in the market like every other manager, I just don't go into a frenzy about it as some others do.

I’ve already said he didn’t think about cohesion and bought too many similar players, not sure what else you want me to say. At the time he left we are in serious danger there’s no denying that.

As for buying “worst player in our history” I think that’s purely down to a matter of opinion. The lad was a regular for Spain u21’s had come from Barca academy and had a decent season before that in a struggling side. Some pay off some don’t, the problem is these days due to the money involved it’s highlighted more and more drama put around it by internet fanatics.

We could look at Kroldrup, Nyarko, etc etc it’s all about opinions...

We aren’t going to agree and I’m not as hysterical as some, so probably best leave it there.

Mike I’m not defending him at all, that might be how you are reading it, but it’s really not the case.

I’m stating that he had good buys and bad buys in the market like every other manager, I just don't go into a frenzy about it as some others do.

I’ve already said he didn’t think about cohesion and bought too many similar players, not sure what else you want me to say. At the time he left we are in serious danger there’s no denying that.

As for buying “worst player in our history” I think that’s purely down to a matter of opinion. The lad was a regular for Spain u21’s had come from Barca academy and had a decent season before that in a struggling side. Some pay off some don’t, the problem is these days due to the money involved it’s highlighted more and more drama put around it by internet fanatics.

We could look at Kroldrup, Nyarko, etc etc it’s all about opinions...

We aren’t going to agree and I’m not as hysterical as some, so probably best leave it there.

The worst player in our history is Martina, not Sandro. A player he somehow managed to sign twice in his career yet seemingly no other manager even below Premier League level can stand the sight of him.

50 million on these two clowns. One got punted by Villa and Anderlecht and the other one got barred from training for a lack of professionalism in THAT 17/18 squad. Imagine being deemed unprofessional in comparison to Ashley Williams!

‘Decent buys’. Christ.

Klaasen is the one that sticks most in my craw. A player clearly nowhere the required standard for this league and he handed over £24M to Ajax for him.

There is the distinct whiff of favours being done for old clubs in that transaction.

Some people downgrade Koeman's profligcy and hide it behind criticism of Walsh. Make no mistake, he was the architect of Everton wasting a chance of a generation to get together a competitive team to place pressure on the top four spots.

A fat headed free-loading disgrace.

Klaasen is the one that sticks most in my craw. A player clearly nowhere the required standard for this league and he handed over £24M to Ajax for him.

There is the distinct whiff of favours being done for old clubs in that transaction.

Some people downgrade Koeman's profligcy and hide it behind criticism of Walsh. Make no mistake, he was the architect of Everton wasting a chance of a generation to get together a competitive team to place pressure on the top four spots.

A fat headed free-loading disgrace.
The fact that he now doesn't even pick Klaassen for Holland is absolutely mindblowing. Fine to pay £25m of our money on him but now doesn't think he's as good as Davy Propper and Ruud Vormer.

The fact that he now doesn't even pick Klaassen for Holland is absolutely mindblowing. Fine to pay £25m of our money on him but now doesn't think he's as good as Davy Propper and Ruud Vormer.

Or maybe those players are now in much better form than him...just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.