2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something? He's signed a reserve GK, and re-signed a veteran LB and a first team player from last season.

End of June and f.a. done of any note.

Same old Everton.
Getting Gomez for 22 million was fantastic business, There'll be absolute donkeys going for a lot more than that around the league before the window shuts.

The hardest part of his job will be the getting rid of the crap we have.
It would be great if he could get rid of them and get a few pounds for them, but the high wages we've been paying means that some won't move unless another club matches their salary, and in most cases that won't happen, that said the deadwood situation will sort itself out over the next year or 2 as contracts expire.

It would be great if he could get rid of them and get a few pounds for them, but the high wages we've been paying means that some won't move unless another club matches their salary, and in most cases that won't happen, that said the deadwood situation will sort itself out over the next year or 2 as contracts expire.

This is exactly why it’s Brands’ toughest task.

Ideally they need removing now. It’s just bleeding money.

To be fair mate I’m not overly arsed what other clubs have.

And my comment wasn’t a slate on Brands. I just feel that will be his hardest task here.

For me to get rid of people like Mirallas, Sandro, Bolasie on permanent deals is just as important as bringing in good players. And is probably a lot harder.

I still think we'll pay some of them off and won't even bother trying to sell them

Happy to be proven wrong of course

He deserves big props if he can manage to sell some of the dross we have on our books though

It is good business, yes. I said that at the time this was done a week ago. But we had him and the deal must have been in the making all last season.

We need other targets in now.

I'm not saying in relation to other clubs we're slacking atm, just wondering where the adulation is coming from. Unearned for me.

People are a bit giddy, we sold Vlasic for 14m and acquired Gomes permanently for 22m, that’s pretty shrewd business.

I think it’s clear to see we are going after a completely different type of player these days and Brands has a good track record of finding gems.

Let’s enjoy the ride and see what he does, as he so far has delivered quality with his incomings.

The outgoings are not completely in his hands, you need to have a buyer or willing party to take the player, then there’s the wages etc and all sorts of crap to sort out.

He’s doing ok so far.

People are a bit giddy, we sold Vlasic for 14m and acquired Gomes permanently for 22m, that’s pretty shrewd business.

I think it’s clear to see we are going after a completely different type of player these days and Brands has a good track record of finding gems.

Let’s enjoy the ride and see what he does, as he so far has delivered quality with his incomings.

The outgoings are not completely in his hands, you need to have a buyer or willing party to take the player, then there’s the wages etc and all sorts of crap to sort out.

He’s doing ok so far.

If anyone had said the day that Brands walked into the building that in a year’s time we’d have Richarlison, Digne, Bernard, Gomes, Mina all playing for us on permanent deals without selling a big player they would have been laughed off the forum.

He’s doing far better than ok. People just are not noticing the improvement. The squad is unrecognisable from what it was under Koeman and Allardyce.

If anyone had said the day that Brands walked into the building that in a year’s time we’d have Richarlison, Digne, Bernard, Gomes, Mina all playing for us on permanent deals without selling a big player they would have been laughed off the forum.

He’s doing far better than ok. People just are not noticing the improvement. The squad is unrecognisable from what it was under Koeman and Allardyce.

I hate the term “project” when they use it in football terms. However, in this instance, it really does feel like a project with some kind of plan behind it.

Far more structured and thought out than anything we have done before.

I'm impressed with him so far, seems like he goes about his business with a clear plan in his mind. I won't be lauding him as our saviour just yet as he hasn't been in the role all that long but he's got us heading in the right direction and I've stupidly allowed a little bit of optimism to sneak in where Everton are concerned.

If only we had him in at the beginning of Moshiri's ownership. Still a long way to go like I say but the signs are good.

Wasting your breath mate, your talking to a closed mind that just talks about his perceived faults about Brands, while totally ignoring the tremendous signings he brought in last year. One track mind.

He’s doing ok so far.
Vlasic could of got more for him, wasn't he playing in the cl for them.

Gomes at 22m us a good deal but needs to work on his consistency and stamina, shouldn't need to be rested during pl games next season.

The problem is the spending has to be controlled now or your looking at problems in the future and ffp comes into play when we are back in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.