Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
No, I wouldn't. And I've explained above why that wouldn't be the case.

Moshiri = was never our solution. Never. Not enough clout to be that. He;'s here as Kenwright, Gregg and Earl before him were: to see if someone can pay for and build a stadium for him. That's the nub of the situation. He hasn't got the wherewithal, the plan, or the will to get us from where we are to where we need to be.

You and everyone else on here KNOWS it.

Are you going to answer my question?

Now tell me how he could be the transformational owner you crave without building up a debt owed by the club. All at the same time as being compliant with FFP.

We don't know it at all Dave, name me an owner, a football club owner, who has bought their new ground themselves.
Others have no problem creating the credit lines required, because they are seen as a secure bet. Moshiri doesn;t have that clout.

Can I just clarify something here: are you actually placing a feller who has (possibly) a billion quid in personal wealth with the Abramovic's and Mansour's of this league? He's just not in any such category. Villa have just snagged two with far greater wealth than Moshiri has.

Are you going to answer my question?

Now tell me how he could be the transformational owner you crave without building up a debt owed by the club. All at the same time as being compliant with FFP.
I answered it yesterday: you can place a club into debt (the same debt you prefer to technically call equity) as a necessary requirement to rocket through the league into the stratosphere of the elite, where clubs who have done that orbit and maintain their position in the elite via the success they have and the earnings they recieve from winning competitions, extra tv revenue and commercially exploiting their 'brand'.

Our problem (and you DO *know* this) is that we have no such level of funding to get us up to those heights. Moshiri can never give it. We know that. Effectively he offers us the same solution we've been told we have to achieve for two decades: a facility led recovery. Ergo: he's closer to a Kenwright than he ever will be an Abramovic.

Stop trying to imply that Moshiri is anything other than he is. Just look at where we are. Forget the hype. It's BS. Take a leaf out of the esk's book and wake up and smell the coffee.

[

I answered it yesterday: you can place a club into debt (the same debt you prefer to technically call equity) as a necessary requirement to rocket through the league into the stratosphere of the elite, where clubs who have done that orbit and maintain their position in the elite via the success they have and the earnings they recieve from winning competitions, extra tv revenue and commercially exploiting their 'brand'.

City aside, who has actually done that? Remember, Chelsea were doing just fine under Bates.

[

City aside, who has actually done that? Remember, Chelsea were doing just fine under Bates.
They were nipping away at the CL spots and picking up a domestic cup or two. After he came in they went 2nd 1st 1st 2nd 2nd 3rd 1st in the six following seasons.

Going from 5ths 6ths and 4ths to that was a quantum leap.

We need that backing. If we get it we can do what Chelsea did. With Moshiri we have no chance.

Others have no problem creating the credit lines required, because they are seen as a secure bet. Moshiri doesn;t have that clout.

Can I just clarify something here: are you actually placing a feller who has (possibly) a billion quid in personal wealth with the Abramovic's and Mansour's of this league? He's just not in any such category. Villa have just snagged two with far greater wealth than Moshiri has.

So a billionaire doesn't have the clout, okay Dave you've answered us all there..:)

They were nipping away at the CL spots and picking up a domestic cup or two. After he came in they went 2nd 1st 1st 2nd 2nd 3rd 1st in the six following seasons.

Going from 5ths 6ths and 4ths to that was a quantum leap.

We need that backing. If we get it we can do what Chelsea did. With Moshiri we have no chance.

It was also, what, 15 years ago? Times have changed mate.

The most importnat thing to achieve is the stadium build. Regardless of the owner being Kenwright or Moshiri (and despite the wealth disparity between them neither have the capacity to transform us) the stadium is the key. If that gets built then a new owner with limitless funds might be attracted. And that is our only way back to the elite.

Could Kenwright have gotten us a shot at the BMD? I dont know. Moshiri has, so there's only that which (possibly/probably) differentiates them for me. Essentially though they are the same. We live debt and ask others to do us a favour in building a stadium. That's the bottom line.

I appreciate where you are coming from Dave but cannot agree with you on BK. If it was just him there would never be a new stadium.