Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a single Championship player on the team? Duane Holmes maybe?

Tyler Adams would walk into our side, so let's not be ridiculous. I think John Anthony Brooks and Weston McKennie would be lovely players at Everton.

There is an obvious development gap, but the U20s and below for the US have a ton of talent, many of which are at academies in some of the biggest clubs in Europe. THAT's where we should be targeting US talent.

But Antonee Robinson isn't good enough to start at the US.

Lol. That Adams looks ok but has basically played conference level football and had ten games in the a second rate European league. He wouldn't get near the Everton squad. Who would he replace? Would be a very good signing for the U23s or to loan out.

The other two are are championship level.

I don’t mind selling Robinson if he’s not deemed good enough but linked to him out, Dowell out, Henry out, Lookman out, Vlasic gone, Kenny gone.

Why can’t we ever read links to Niasse and Cuzco going. My FIFA career mode next season is going to be naff.

Do computer controlled clubs purchase Niasse and the other gash players we have on FIFA?

Reads the game well doesn't he?

Hes a really tough player to judge...

Seems to have good positioning / reading of the game...good technical and passing ability and seems ok for pace. Basically a good all rounder.

But nothing like the athleticism or pace of Zouma.

I think Mina / Keane / Llorente would all be players that would need a Zouma type next to them.

If it was me, id go for that type of player.

Wouldnt be adverse to selling Keane if a decent bid came in and replacing with Llorente but to partner him im not sure.

All the transfer tits in the 17/18 summer window:

“Oh hey there Mr. Esk, bringer of all the wonderful and juicy transfer news. Got any rumours there my good man? :)

Your rumours really are the absolute BEST!!! And we just LOVE those delicious rumours. Keep it up plz Mr. Esk, you’re doing a GREAT JOB!!! :):celebrate:

....I think we have to define the Academy. For me, it’s the players who have come through the ranks as Everton youngsters and not been bought in. Robinson is an Academy player, but there is a shift when you consider the make-up of last years U23 title winning squad.

Many of that team have been brought in at a cost (Virginia, Gibson, Hornby, Bowler, Adeniran et al). So there is a blend of Academy and purchased youngsters. The strategy seems to be working, Jonjo Kenny and Tom Davies have come through from the Academy in recent times; Holgate, Stones, Galloway, Lookman are youngsters bought in who have gone on to be first teamers.

I think an analysis indicates the strategy is working.

Yes I think that is true. We also have to be realistic about fees brought on. 2 million doesn't sound a lot but it will likely go a long way to paying for the entirety of the academy from ages 8 to 18. You will also get clauses in the deal which could bring more in going forward.

If we can replicate such income from say Connolly, Williams (joe) & Banningime thats the academy paid for over the next 2-3 years. If clauses kick in maybe the next 4-5 years.

Hes a really tough player to judge...

Seems to have good positioning / reading of the game...good technical and passing ability and seems ok for pace. Basically a good all rounder.

But nothing like the athleticism or pace of Zouma.

I think Mina / Keane / Llorente would all be players that would need a Zouma type next to them.

If it was me, id go for that type of player.

Wouldnt be adverse to selling Keane if a decent bid came in and replacing with Llorente but to partner him im not sure.

I think Mina is underrated to be honest and a fair bit quicker than people make out. He played very well again against Argentina the other night and Chelsea/Liverpool got no change out of him last season.

It's clear to me they want someone to read the game next to Keane. Athleticism and power is a nice bonus, but not essential for someone who can sweep in behind and read the game. Llorente fills that brief.

Status
Not open for further replies.