Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else miss @chicoazul this time of year? He used to keep the virgins in line and now they just run riot. I once slagged him off for it but now it is one of my biggest regrets.

He was my fav poster here, had me cracking up so many times!! Some of his match previews should be collected to form a book lol i think one vs West Brom stands out in memory

I am starting to feel that maybe we are well off track as to who the targets for this season really are, alot of attention has been placed on Neres but i am not entirely sure he had really caught the media’s eye until his UCL appearances and certainly not to the levels post his goal vs Juventus... Brands and Silva had had their targets supposedly locked in before then...

I could be well off but i imagine there was some gentleman’s agreement not to pillage PSV between brands and the upper management there, however with the links to Napoli and United amongst countless others i’m sure if the willingness to listen to offers on Hirving Lozano was real that Marcel would be at the front of that cue?

They are also linked with sending Angelino back to City, again not that we need a LB but i am sure when making targets all that time ago these were discussed

The llorente links are interesting, i don’t know enough about him to have an opinion, obviously he has a great calibre but how similar is he to Zouma? Zouma allows Keane to play the ball out from the back by cleaning the mess behind them, is something Llorente will have to develop or is it his focus as a defender?

I am not committing hope to any more media reports until they at least start to say fee agreed, i feel thats when media outlets are really putting their necks out

Its the media’s fault i am all hyped up
about Moise Kean even though i know there is very very little chance of it being real

....I think we have to define the Academy. For me, it’s the players who have come through the ranks as Everton youngsters and not been bought in. Robinson is an Academy player, but there is a shift when you consider the make-up of last years U23 title winning squad.

Many of that team have been brought in at a cost (Virginia, Gibson, Hornby, Bowler, Adeniren et al). So there is a blend of Academy and purchased youngsters. The strategy seems to be working, Jonjo Kenny and Tom Davies have come through from the Academy in recent times; Holgate, Stones, Galloway, Lookman are youngsters bought in who have gone on to be first teamers.

I think an analysis indicates the strategy is working.

Apart from Stones, none of them have proven good enough for the top end of the premier league yet. Stones was effectively a first team buy by Moyes as well.

The academy has done well with the likes of Osman Rooney Barkley etc. who have gone onto have good careers at the top of the premier league but for all the money we’ve pumped into it we’ve arguably had no better return than Liverpool who did nothing with there’s and have Carragher Gerrard and now Alexander Arnold out of it, roughly the same return we’ve had in that time period. If you consider that before this they also produced Fowler and Owen then it starts to even swing in their favour slightly. Chelsea get derided for their academy yet produced one of the best defenders of his generation out of it. City have piled billions into there’s and still produced no one of note.

We might sell our academy players to better teams and in general they’ve had better careers than their Liverpool counterparts but it still seems to be that natural talent will trump any coaching and it still seems to be distributed pretty evenly between both clubs even though we’re chucking money at it. The success of the academy seems to be more down to who can find and acquire the next Gerrard or Rooney rather than creating lots of first team Everton players through great coaching. Davies Dowell Kenny etc. we’re supposed to be a bit of a golden generation but as much as I like them all it’s clear that it would be very surprising if any of them went on to star for CL level teams. Isn’t that the standard we want them to be at? Otherwise we’re just running a profit making scheme of finding kids for free to later populate the championship.

Last edited:
Its a team full of Championship and MLS players with Pulisic the only one with some quality.

He's a lad with a year or so left on his contract and he's only played as high as the Championship. We're lucky to get a fee at all.

Yanks don't half overrate their players because they batter the likes of Panama and Cuba.
Its a team full of Championship and MLS players with Pulisic the only one with some quality.

He's a lad with a year or so left on his contract and he's only played as high as the Championship. We're lucky to get a fee at all.

Yanks don't half overrate their players because they batter the likes of Panama and Cuba.
Most of the honest US supporters aren't rating anyone but Pulisic, McKinnie, Adams and possibly Steffen these days. The whole team is a mess and Robinson couldn't even get into the squad for the current tournament because he couldn't defend against Jamaica.

He was my fav poster here, had me cracking up so many times!! Some of his match previews should be collected to form a book lol i think one vs West Brom stands out in memory

I am starting to feel that maybe we are well off track as to who the targets for this season really are, alot of attention has been placed on Neres but i am not entirely sure he had really caught the media’s eye until his UCL appearances and certainly not to the levels post his goal vs Juventus... Brands and Silva had had their targets supposedly locked in before then...

I could be well off but i imagine there was some gentleman’s agreement not to pillage PSV between brands and the upper management there, however with the links to Napoli and United amongst countless others i’m sure if the willingness to listen to offers on Hirving Lozano was real that Marcel would be at the front of that cue?

They are also linked with sending Angelino back to City, again not that we need a LB but i am sure when making targets all that time ago these were discussed

The llorente links are interesting, i don’t know enough about him to have an opinion, obviously he has a great calibre but how similar is he to Zouma? Zouma allows Keane to play the ball out from the back by cleaning the mess behind them, is something Llorente will have to develop or is it his focus as a defender?

I am not committing hope to any more media reports until they at least start to say fee agreed, i feel thats when media outlets are really putting their necks out

Its the media’s fault i am all hyped up
about Moise Kean even though i know there is very very little chance of it being real
Still get his match previews through twitter. Unreal!

Apart from Stones, none of them have proven good enough for the top end of the premier league yet. Stones was effectively a first team buy by Moyes as well.

The academy has done well with the likes of Osman Rooney Barkley etc. who have gone onto have good careers at the top of the premier league but for all the money we’ve pumped into it we’ve arguably had no better return than Liverpool who did nothing with there’s and have Carragher Gerrard and now Alexander Arnold out of it, roughly the same return we’ve had in that time period. If you consider that before this they also produced Fowler and Owen then it starts to even swing in their favour slightly. Chelsea get derided for their academy yet produced one of the best defenders of his generation out of it. City have piled billions into there’s and still produced no one of note.

We might sell our academy players to better teams and in general they’ve had better careers than their Liverpool counterparts but it still seems to be that natural talent will trump any coaching and it still seems to be distributed pretty evenly between both clubs even though we’re chucking money at it. The success of the academy seems to be more down to who can find and acquire the next Gerrard or Rooney rather than creating lots of first team Everton players through great coaching. Davies Dowell Kenny etc. we’re supposed to be a bit of a golden generation but as much as I like them all it’s clear that it would be very surprising if any of them went on to star for CL level teams. Isn’t that the standard we want them to be at? Otherwise we’re just running a profit making scheme of finding kids for free to later populate the championship.

...the strategy of buying promising youngsters is certainly working, some come straight in to the fringes of the first team, others further down the pecking order. It’s low risk, low cost.

Proper Brighton signing.
Not saying we should buy him mate. I didn't even know he existed until I saw the links. I don't follow the championship apart from looking out for our guys on loan.

But unless they start messing things up, I think we need to put our trust in Brands and Silva. They'll know the full picture much better than us amateur punters, and if they believe he's the right left footer to go for then I'm not going to argue.

Part 1 nearly there. Don't say you weren't told. #saucedtothemax

No offence mate but all you've done there is quote all the main transfer roumors and put some common sense to it aka we want zouma but it's looking slim.

You seem very none committal about any of these links. The only one you've actually said is happening Is gomes which everyone knew was happening since about a month ago. Is gomes for €25 a real bargain? It's good but would you class it as a real bargain? Also barcalona put crazy clauses in all of the players they sell contracts but they never activate them.

No offence but if your going to be patting yourself on the back for this stuff you have to nail your flag to the mast.

Not saying we should buy him mate. I didn't even know he existed until I saw the links. I don't follow the championship apart from looking out for our guys on loan.

But unless they start messing things up, I think we need to put our trust in Brands and Silva. They'll know the full picture much better than us amateur punters, and if they believe he's the right left footer to go for then I'm not going to argue.

Yeh I’m just saying, he’ll end up at Brighton, watch this space.

Just been thinking about the right winger issues and I think that neres is a no go. Think we're going to end up with either malcom or under.

I'm also starting to get the feeling we're not getting a striker. Just my feelings of course, any opinions?

I dont know how i feel about this.
They've recently changed their slogan:

Status
Not open for further replies.