Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
The problem is all of the Esks calculations are completely flawed to back up what he wants. A fact very few people seemed to realise due to the way he presents his dossiers as complete fact. As someone who's day job is modelling large scale financial projects, i couldn't stop laughing at his articles.
Any chance you would enlighten us all and care to elaborate on your statement of fact there? ;)

Who is this Esk chap, he's never posted here while I've been on and I see his name everywhere?

A voice of all Evertonians, the most in the know of all "ITK's, the must clued up on all commercial and financial matters - he is of course, "our very own Esk".

Disclaimer: he has not got one thing right

Been on 5 Live, talkSPORT.....even some English language Russian sports programme.....commenting on all things Everton.

Usually he is quite wrong :)

Any chance you would enlighten us all and care to elaborate on your statement of fact there? ;)

well, for a start, all his revenue calculations are based on a full 60k and full face value tickets for each home game. Which in reality will never happen. If you model it on that it will obviously show a more favorable position.
However if you factor in you wont fill it above 50k for some games, and even then may be selling tickets at cut price to tempt the last stragglers in, it suddenly becomes far less clear cut, when set against the exponential build costs for the extra capacity.

well, for a start, all his revenue calculations are based on a full 60k and full face value tickets for each home game. Which in reality will never happen. If you model it on that it will obviously show a more favorable position.
However if you factor in you wont fill it above 50k for some games, and even then may be selling tickets at cut price to tempt the last stragglers in, it suddenly becomes far less clear cut, when set against the exponential build costs for the extra capacity.
Do you believe that in the next 100 years that BMD will be our home stadium that Everton will be one of the top teams challenging for the title consistently?
Because if so, it is laughable to me that supporters are content with the current Everton and 50k 'being enough".

Expansion isn't possible later on. What is wrong with having ambition and faith in your supporter base to fill a 60k stadium most matches when we are thriving on the pitch?

Do you believe that in the next 100 years that BMD will be our home stadium that Everton will be one of the top teams challenging for the title consistently?
Because if so, it is laughable to me that supporters are content with the current Everton and 50k 'being enough".

Expansion isn't possible later on. What is wrong with having ambition and faith in your supporter base to fill a 60k stadium most matches when we are thriving on the pitch?

Well, it's a bit of a vicious circle isn't it. If you build a bigger stadium, you'll have higher interest payments on the debt, and less cash to invest in the squad. If the team therefore doesn't get stronger and improve, attendances may well drop, further restricting squad funds.

If you build a smaller stadium, and keep more funds free for the squad, you have more chance of achieving success on the pitch.

As a fan, my main desire is the club to win things. If you ask any fan if they would rather have trophies and 52k, or languish in 10th but have a 60k stadium, what do you think they would all choose?
And this is all based on the hypothetical future where we actually establish ourselves in the top 4. And given the current cartel at the top and FFP, that's a very big IF.

I really don't understand why fans have such a hang up about stadium size. If doesn't stop Juve being a big force in Europe. West Ham have a big stadium, but they never fill it and the atmosphere is [Poor language removed]. A solid design, with a good atmosphere, and a strong team on the pitch should be the priorities for any fan.

until we get rid of the enthusiastic amatuers , running the club and replace them with people who actually understand how football works then we will be forever lagging behind in a commercial sense..

I was kind of hoping Marcel Brands may have made some senior appointments , as he , out of everyone at the club, fully understands how all this works.

Were in debt, it's just in moshiris name. Essentially Everton owe moshiri the money, similar to how Chelsea owe abramovich 1billion.

Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable