With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from Dublin I have never really had much problems. Most Blues I know and met admire how we come over and watch Everton all over the country. Had a bit of hassle in pre season in Dresden when a few scouse Blue were laughing at us saying what are we doing here and shouldn’t we be over supporting an Irish team

ill be honest i dont really get what they get out of it, (barring exiled or ones whos dads moved away and supported us)

i dont really get how people can wake up one morning and decide they support a team miles away and feel the same connection of people who have supported them through generations personally. id rather just support my local team

I'm a St.Helens wool who started supporting Everton as they were possibly the closest football club to home that I'd heard of. At that age (around 5 or 6) when I was first getting into football I didn't realise there was a St.Helens football club. Everton was as local as I could perceive.

I'm a St.Helens wool who started supporting Everton as they were possibly the closest football club to home that I'd heard of. At that age (around 5 or 6) when I was first getting into football I didn't realise there was a St.Helens football club. Everton was as local as I could perceive.
St.Helens IS local mate (despite the 'wools' jibes). 30 Minutes down the E.Lancs. FFS
It's no different to most scousers not supporting a local team like Bootle or whichever part of Liverpool they happen to come from.

That's a good post Grouchie.

Football is tribal and clubs should have a strong connection with the areas they come from. I did some filming outside Anfield for something a couple of seasons back and I genuinely think I spoke to one Scouser. That's not an exaggeration. I realise as a non-Scouse blue I'm putting my own fanship at risk but it's important Everton always retain their identity with the City.

I get a bit of flack for being a wool, not as much as I thought I would tbh and no where near as much as non-Scouse Reds get. God. I'd hate to be a non-Scouse Red when a decent percentage of your own fanbase literally hate you.

It is more pronounced with the Scouse clubs through. For example, I remember asking two of my Stoke supporting mates how they'd feel if someone from Liverpool did a Stoke podcast and they were genuinely bemused. "Why would we care where he/she came from?". I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, us out of towners put a lot of effort in to follow Everton and over the years we've not had much back apart from quite a bit of pain so cut us some slack. Lol.
I feel sorry for the red Scouse match going supporters, I think they are an endangered species, possibly in aminority to the Norwegian and other plastic fans from all over the place, I think the red Scouse fans should be protected by all means before they become extinct, they are a different breed from the Skychair reds who support “ their “ team in pubs from Southdene in Kirby to Speke and have never been to Anfield

I've just witnessed a discussion about riding as a passenger on the back of a bicycle. People are calling it "a backie" and saying it's definitely not called "a takey." There are bad wools everywhere.

The big difference, the only one in fact, is that no one can describe out of town or international Blues as being obnoxious, condescending “glory hunters”.

They take to our team for myriad reasons and have always been welcomed by the vast majority of local fans.

The opposite is the case with RS non natives.

They have bought into a cult which still lives in a 70s/80s bubble when they were top dogs at home and abroad or they come for what they believe to be a spontaneous spectacle of flag waving and community singing, like Sky and the BBC tell them it us.

When in fact it is stage managed brainwashing......”We are Liverpool...this means more”.

What does that mindless drivel even mean?

You can go to pubs in Belfast, Dublin, Brighton, Llandudno, Inverness, Sydney, Oslo or Timbuktu on matchdays and hear legions of these cretins crow on and on about the RS in an obnoxious fashion.

I have been in such pubs with RS mates from right here in the People’s Republic of Melling and they cringe at them.

We don’t have that problem with cretinous types from Boston, Christchurch or Amsterdam....Evertonians from foreign climes tend to be of the same ilk as those of us who hail from Garston or Litherland.

Passionate but grounded....proud but magnanimous.

But by ‘eck it “means” as much to us as it does to them.

Take a bow you international or woolyback or simply Blue Brits from around the country....you do us proud and you are always welcome :dance:

COYBB

I was born and raised in stabby London, my dad's from Liverpool and a proud blue but the clubs down here are utter [Poor language removed], wouldn't want to be associated with any of them

I'm going to come over this year for sure, just not sure if I'm bringing family members with me. Straighteners in car parks all over the city.

Int'l Everton fans aren't like LFC fans that just see it on TV and like it and know nothing about Heysel and the general detrimental behavior of the fans and it's club. It's obviously when you talk to them, too. No idea. But they are EVERYWHERE.

I think it’s embarrassing to suggest Liverpool is filled entirely with evertonians, but I do see the comedy value in using it to wind them trickys up.

I think the more important question is what are our international blues thoughts on scouser blues. We contribute more to the club financially with TV rights and are the ones who are getting out of bed to watch the blues at 6am, 11pm or 3 in the bloody morning. None of this nancy boy 3pm kick offs for us.
Our voice needs to be heard, and goddam it, you scouse people will listen to us.

I think the more important question is what are our international blues thoughts on scouser blues. We contribute more to the club financially with TV rights and are the ones who are getting out of bed to watch the blues at 6am, 11pm or 3 in the bloody morning. None of this nancy boy 3pm kick offs for us.
Our voice needs to be heard, and goddam it, you scouse people will listen to us.

Uh, they don't even listen to each other 95% of the time...after 25/26 years of shooting the shiz with these wham merchants, I'm confident in saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.