2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, bit of a shame, but don't think he wanted to be here and clearly Silva doesn't think he suits the system. Good profit.
Yeah, I do think that clubs should allow players to move on if they're not going to give them game time.

This year? A lot less than last year after Lookman once again failed to make an impact and Vlasic went on loan for a sulk.

You had people all through the summer and beginning of last season talking about how Lookman was better than all of our other wingers and that Vlasic was good enough to play for us or even start.

Lookman got it a lot more than Vlasic but then Vlasic scored against Madrid and all of a sudden he was made out to be this amazing player despite him looking average at best and weak as piss the rest of the time when he did get his opportunities here.

I'm sure I could find plenty of quotes in the Richarlison or Bernard rumor threads questioning why we were signing wingers when we had Lookman ready to take the league by storm after he did well in Leipzig.

People said they wanted Lookman to get a chance over Walcott, which isn't unfair in the least

As for Vlasic, he looked okay when he played for us and to act like he didn't do well at CSKA would be churlish

Good for both parties.

He didn't have the character to fight for a place in this league.

He will do well in a slower paced environment, where he can be the star player.

Aye, bit of a shame, but don't think he wanted to be here and clearly Silva doesn't think he suits the system. Good profit.
Tony Mowbray didn’t rate serge Gnabry whilst at West Brom

He played 30 games for Bayern Munich last season and scored 10 goals

Some managers get it wrong

When you see the likes of de Bruyne and salah being sold after only making a few sporadic appearances and then go and become global footballing stars it just shows you that mistakes can happen

....you can argue Moyes might have got more out of Vlasic than Silva, but that would be more about them as Managers as opposed to the set up of the club.

Well with the old set up we needed to squeeze the most out of these players with potential because we couldn't afford to offloading and buy better. That coupled with having Moyes. But as I said I hope it's a sign of out ambition in the current state of things.

14m is not bad tbh we bought for 10, Silva clearly didn't rate him and Vlasic didn't want to be here, It's a shame it couldn't work out since I think he's a neat little player but all the best.

I find the whole "Silva didn't rate him" as odd. Silva had him train by himself after he said he wanted to play full time eihter at Everton or somewhere else. Silva wanted to keep him last year but Vlasic wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.