Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Again, good going forward, clever with the ball, works hard, too slow. But he doesn't hold the ball, he doesn't dribble, he doesn't push the ball upfield like Andre Gomes or certainly a true box to box player like Doucoure.”
What!?
First he’s not slow I’d say he’s faster than Ramsey and a similar player to him but more youthful and energetic as hell.

Good at going forward but not passing it there, dribbling it there, or keeping the ball allowing others to pick it up there? That completely contradicting what your saying and 2 of his main attributes is the speed of his play/anticipation of the game and his ability to pick out a forward pass. This isn not just my opinion, it even says it in this Article.

You’re right he may not take people on a lot but that isn’t his style of play. He’s a high pressing high energy distributor and what doesn’t scream PL about that? Saying that he is absolutely not what we need is like saying Gana is worthless to us because they are similar players without the ball. Gana’s stats are noticeably higher than Donny’s because Everton has less possession per game than Ajax have giving Gana more opportunity.

And remember Silva prefers 1 CDM and 2 box to box CMs

Attachments

• D9HOaWRXoAYPI5c.png
    D9HOaWRXoAYPI5c.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 177
Like with any kit deal now, the manufacturer takes all the proceeds as they pay the club a set amount per year.

I thought people were just being silly but I think there’s some thickos that genuinely think that we would make money from selling shirts.

I think I've read that there is a payback to the club if a certain volume of sales is reached

Nevertheless, it's total sales volume that interests manufacturers in the next deal, which is really all that matters. If we're taking £15-17M per year from either Umbro or Under Armour, who cares if it's the same? But if we move from £15M this deal to £25M the next, and so forth, that's worth talking about (albeit probably in another thread... soz modz)

I think you’re romanticizing these Brazilian players. Bernard is a great watch and talent but there are many that would be an upgrade to him out there and would easily relegate him to the bench. Bernard was very apparently swept under the rug after the 2014 WC.

And I would take a restless engine of a player as a box to box mid over a tree of a “box to box” mid that can barely make it there any day no contest

Whilst that's true, there's a large element of that which is a bit unfair - Bernard came in to start one game in that World Cup and that was the hammering against Germany after Neymar got injured - Brazil were psychologically damaged by that game. Bernard, according to Fernando Duarte, is unfairly associated with it - not sure how much he was meant to impact on them shipping 7 goals from left mid - and his international prospects have been hampered ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.