Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness how many celtic fans actually are aware of anything other than their club?. I've had Celtic fans in my work asking me who is turnburn, what kinda player is he, they are clueless glory hunters much like the RS. I'd take any old firm fan's viewpoint with a massive pinch of salt they generally don't have a clue about the game and support the club based on an ideology.
The one major blemish on Scotland in general is how stupid the old firm and the passionate supporters that take it too far are. A great country otherwise in my estimation.

The one major blemish on Scotland in general is how stupid the old firm and the passionate supporters that take it too far are. A great country otherwise in my estimation.

Agreed mate. Sectarianism is a blight on our society but that is so far removed from the transfer chat it's unreal. So I've heard we are interested in Andre gomes and I'll no mention it again ...

In all seriousness how many celtic fans actually are aware of anything other than their club?. I've had Celtic fans in my work asking me who is turnburn, what kinda player is he, they are clueless glory hunters much like the RS. I'd take any old firm fan's viewpoint with a massive pinch of salt they generally don't have a clue about the game and support the club based on an ideology.

Most of the comments I saw from Celtic fans online was that they thought he was a good player, but that other positions needed more immediate action, which is perfectly fair because they have quite a few midfield options

My first thought when they were looking at him was that it wasn't a great move for him because he'd probably not get into that team right now and it's much better for his development to get regular minutes. Let's face it, he wouldn't get much game time if he came here either

My opinion is that these younger players need to stay in Scotland and get some proper time playing regularly for a non Old Firm club. Too many young Scottish players get a move to the Old Firm or a club down south and end up not playing, which only hurts the National Team because progression gets stumped quite early on

The best outcome would be Turnbull playing at least two more seasons at Motherwell, but it looks like they want to cash in and he wants to move

So what's happening with Turnbull then?

I thought the Celtic move was done and dusted?

In short Celtic have been used as a vehicle to get the selling price out there by a savvy agent, he has no intention in singing for another club in scotland. I'd be very shocked if he doesn't join one of the club's I mentioned, of which Everton are one.

Most of the comments I saw from Celtic fans online was that they thought he was a good player, but that other positions needed more immediate action, which is perfectly fair because they have quite a few midfield options

My first thought when they were looking at him was that it wasn't a great move for him because he'd probably not get into that team right now and it's much better for his development to get regular minutes. Let's face it, he wouldn't get much game time if he came here either

My opinion is that these younger players need to stay in Scotland and get some proper time playing regularly for a non Old Firm club. Too many young Scottish players get a move to the Old Firm or a club down south and end up not playing, which only hurts the National Team because progression gets stumped quite early on

The best outcome would be Turnbull playing at least two more seasons at Motherwell, but it looks like they want to cash in and he wants to move

Mate, again with the greatest respect, don't take the thoughts of Celtic fans as gospel.

Like Sancho, when a player of such quality can have his pick of clubs it would be so close minded to pick one of two clubs who aren't going anywhere and don't really have a recent history of growing and developing players they have bought from the league.

A decent young Scottish player should look to leave Scotland to develop in almost all circumstances.

Celtic fans are hurting he has thought himself better than them. If you had seen him play you'd know he was.

As I said and I've been indexed for apparently he'll play for a top club in England. From what I've heard we are one of the teams sniffing about him. Everton Vs Celtic? Even Leeds Vs Celtic for a boy with no "background" it's a no brainer

Ive just watched some dodgy YouTube vid which made him look like Oumar Niasse so I'm gonna take your word for it as I remember you posting that about Maddison.

Wonder who it is who has gone in for him. Do you know how much Celtic offered?
It’s obvious some PL or championship team are in for him
Celtic pay the biggest salaries in Scotland but nothing compared to lower level PL teams

I've seen that as well. It's very misleading. The way he glides about the park is something else. Makes the game look so, so very easy. Honestly mate he is on the same level as maddison and in my mind better having performed at the same level at the same age to an even better level, it's a valid comparison for me. As I said I've still got some decent contacts in the Scottish game and we have been watching. At that price it's a no brainer.
I mentioned him a couple of days ago as a cheap no risk punt that was worth looking at

And Celtic fans think Macgregor is a good player. He's utterly horrendous. That's all you need to know about their assesment of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.