2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's up mate?

giphy.gif

How many of you are praying he has a terrible season so you can come in here and tell everyone you were right?

Be honest now kids.

I had a rant about him.
That was after I first thought him to be and wanted him to be the one we really gave it our all to,next generation of players and all that. I really thought he was the second coming of Southall. @davek of course dampened my spirit and thruth be told I have to agree with some of his. After being so horribly frustrated about him (Pickford,not Davek) because of his antics (and clangers)on field I just dropped commenting about him. It just became a game about who likes him or not.
He annoyed me a lot and still does.

Shotstopper? Indeed.
The rest ? Not convinced.
@summerisle linked an interview with Pickford and he doesn't assure me at all (Just Pickford, Summerisle just makes me have to Google a lot of words with five lines of explanations). It just looks like he got his media drill from the club. The words are like Rooney's after his drunken stupidities.

All in all I want him still to become our next Southall, because there is definitely something there. But I still feel he will cost us. Not just points,but as a club.

But all the other goalies have clangers and mistakes?
-Yes,I am fully aware and of course they do. All players do. I want ours to be the one who does the least. Especially when it matters. And handle the mistakes with grace please. Don't just laugh it off.

Do I want him to have a terrible season?
-No,I do really really not want that. I hope he puts all my frustration to shame.

But stats shows that he..,?
-Yes,I like stats. I really do. Stats shows a lot,but unfortunately doesn't depict live action events.

I've tried to be rational. It's hard. I'm seriously divided. Really.

I had a rant about him.
That was after I first thought him to be and wanted him to be the one we really gave it our all to,next generation of players and all that. I really thought he was the second coming of Southall. @davek of course dampened my spirit and thruth be told I have to agree with some of his. After being so horribly frustrated about him (Pickford,not Davek) because of his antics (and clangers)on field I just dropped commenting about him. It just became a game about who likes him or not.
He annoyed me a lot and still does.

Shotstopper? Indeed.
The rest ? Not convinced.
@summerisle linked an interview with Pickford and he doesn't assure me at all (Just Pickford, Summerisle just makes me have to Google a lot of words with five lines of explanations). It just looks like he got his media drill from the club. The words are like Rooney's after his drunken stupidities.

All in all I want him still to become our next Southall, because there is definitely something there. But I still feel he will cost us. Not just points,but as a club.

But all the other goalies have clangers and mistakes?
-Yes,I am fully aware and of course they do. All players do. I want ours to be the one who does the least. Especially when it matters. And handle the mistakes with grace please. Don't just laugh it off.

Do I want him to have a terrible season?
-No,I do really really not want that. I hope he puts all my frustration to shame.

But stats shows that he..,?
-Yes,I like stats. I really do. Stats shows a lot,but unfortunately doesn't depict live action events.

I've tried to be rational. It's hard. I'm seriously divided. Really.
TL;DR :
I hope he comes consistently good because I cannot see us selling him

Nah i doubt it, Jan Oblak has basically issued a 'come and get me' plea to Utd in the last few days, apparently desperate to come over to the PL.
Oblak signed a new deal with Atletico only a few weeks ago, he'd cost an absolute bomb. He won't be going anywhere this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.