Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes massively overrated on here, amazingly so.

But hes also a proven premier league player and I doubt his stats are much different than our players.
You can look up his stats as well as I can, but if we are living with Gana and Siggy, we need a physical force in CM that can also distribute and create chances for our teammates as well as score a couple of goals. Sangare is one, there are others.

...at the risk of being like a broken record, I can’t see the point in sending him on another loan. We need to sell or risk letting his contract run down.
It's a risk, but gotta wonder why his value isn't higher considering his season. I think there are just very few clubs outside of England that can pay 20M+ for a player. Think we'd be looking for close to 20M I would think.

Gomes is in the top 5 of fouls per game in the league and being dribbled past. Not sure what else to say. If you look at his record in La Liga, it was a bit of the same.

This is obvious to the eye, but the stats validate it as well.

Is he yeah? Well I've just checked it and he's 61st for most fouls and he's 26th for most dribbled past.

So it isn't obvious to the eye and your stats don't back it up because the ones you're quoting don't exist.

Is he yeah? Well I've just checked it and he's 61st for most fouls and he's 26th for most dribbled past.

So it isn't obvious to the eye and your stats don't back it up because the ones you're quoting don't exist.
Try per game. Try even per 90 it's worse. 3rd per game in fouls, 5th in dribbles past.

From today’s rumor mill in the Guardian:

Elsewhere, Arsenal are interested in signing Getafe centre-back Djene Dakonam. The 27-year-old Togo international was a key part of the Getafe side that shocked Spain by finishing fifth in La Liga and only just missed out on qualification for the Champions League. Dakonam would help ease Arsenal’s defensive concerns, which are very concerning indeed, but only if Everton don’t sign him first. The Merseysiders are also interested in the player as a replacement for Kurt Zouma, who is expected to return to Chelsea after a season-long loan spell at Goodison Park, and if some people on the internet are to believed, the Merseyside club are actually frontrunners to seal the deal.

It's a risk, but gotta wonder why his value isn't higher considering his season. I think there are just very few clubs outside of England that can pay 20M+ for a player. Think we'd be looking for close to 20M I would think.

....can’t see how another loan would change that situation. If he’s not here next season he needs to be sold for the maximum we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.