• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not mental. I said we need both.

Two of those midfielders are good in this league - Sigurdsson and Gana. Who's the third? Schneiderlin? He's not a top 6 DM. Not even close. Even if we sign Gomes, he's terrible defensively - constantly fouls, can't keep up with faster players, gets bypassed constantly. He does some things well, but he's a terrible fit with those two. And one injury to Gana and we are a borderline disaster in probably the most important positions on the pitch.

DCL/Richarlison have talent. Tosun isn't great, but he's got 8 goals and 3 assists in under 2000 minutes on some mediocre offensive teams. I'd take unproven with talent over proven to be not good enough any day of the week.

No, it's mental.

Now you've gone even further by stating that Sigurdsson, Gana, Schneiderlin and Gomes are "proven to be not good enough".

Sigurdsson scored 13 premier league goals last year and has regularly hit double figures for goals and assists throughout his career.

Gana.

Gomes has won the league and cup double in two countries, won the Euros, and played in two Europa league finals.

Morgan is the weakest of the bunch you've deemed "proven not to be good enough", has 15 caps for France and has played a significant role in premiership sides that have finished 8,7,5. So he is a top 6 DM. To have this guy as backup to our actual DM is really not a problem at all. The guy has had his problems but seems to have come through them to his credit.

I'm not against replacing any of these players if we can get better, but your statement that DCL, Richarlison and Tosun (lol) are a level above, is ludicrous.

Andre gomes last season averaged
Tackles: 1.4
Fouls: 1.8
Dribbled past: 1.7

Gana last season averaged
Tackles: 4.3
Fouls: 1.6
Dribbled past: 1.2

While gana is obviously the better tackler (because that's his job as a defensive midfielder) this idea that gomes constantly fouls or gets dribbled past is a figment of your imagination.

Seeing as over 5 games gomes will commit 9 fouls and will be dribbled past 8 times. Gana will foul 8 times and be dribbled past 6 times. Considering gana has been playing in this leauge for the last 4 seasons and its gomes first season, with no pre season I think he's done quite well in those departments.

It feels to me like some people on here just don't like players to be edgy or something.
Gomes is in the top 5 of fouls per game in the league and being dribbled past. Not sure what else to say. If you look at his record in La Liga, it was a bit of the same.

This is obvious to the eye, but the stats validate it as well.

No, it's mental.

Now you've gone even further by stating that Sigurdsson, Gana, Schneiderlin and Gomes are "proven to be not good enough".

Sigurdsson scored 13 premier league goals last year and has regularly hit double figures for goals and assists throughout his career.

Gana.

Gomes has won the league and cup double in two countries, won the Euros, and played in two Europa league finals.

Morgan is the weakest of the bunch you've deemed "proven not to be good enough", has 15 caps for France and has played a significant role in premiership sides that have finished 8,7,5. So he is a top 6 DM. To have this guy as backup to our actual DM is really not a problem at all. The guy has had his problems but seems to have come through them to his credit.

I'm not against replacing any of these players if we can get better, but your statement that DCL, Richarlison and Tosun (lol) are a level above, is ludicrous.

He wants to replace all our proven players with big grocks from the French farmers league mate.

You are wasting your time.

No, it's mental.

Gana.

To be clear, Siggy and Gana are great, but again, I don't rate Schneiderlin. It is a problem to have a backup making his wages. And we have zero depth. If Gana goes down, we are screwed.

CF is also a need no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.