2018/19 Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
....agree and hope he does, but similar could’ve been said about Galloway and Garbutt. There are lessons to be learned. It will also be a year taken off his contract.

I agree with the sentiment as both Garbutt and Galloway will leave for nothing at the end of their contracts when they were both worth a decent amount at various times. Maybe this time it will work for us but only time will tell its definitely a good move for the player.

....it might be a fantastic move for the lad but from the club’s perspective, I still don’t get the point of loaning him. The squad is too big, if Silva isn’t going to use him now I think he should be sold.

Are we 100% saying hes not good enough then?

I mean im 80% certain.

After next season we will know for sure.

Some players thrive on loan, kick on and come back a better player. Most players have their complete lack of talent exposed.

....agree and hope he does, but similar could’ve been said about Galloway and Garbutt. There are lessons to be learned. It will also be a year taken off his contract.

If we were to sell him on now our return wouldn’t be good, give him a solid year and see how he develops , if not then sell win,win

If we were to sell him on now our return wouldn’t be good, give him a solid year and see how he develops , if not then sell win,win

...but if he bombs, we might struggle to sell him. I would say his stock is quite high at the minute. Be interesting if the deal includes a buy clause.

...but if he bombs, we might struggle to sell him. I would say his stock is quite high at the minute. Be interesting if the deal includes a buy clause.

there isn't a buy clause according to reports I read from Schalke forum.

I mean im 80% certain.

Some players thrive on loan, kick on and come back a better player. Most players have their complete lack of talent exposed.

....you see, i’m not sure loans work for players with the amount of first team experience he has. Even loans for Academy players rarely result in them playing 50 games for Everton. Osman and Barkley are the only Academy players I can think of who came through following loans, but they did not have the first team experience Kenny has.

Coleman is a good example of a beneficial loan, but he came from League of Ireland and had little first team exposure.

Regarding your ‘is he good enough’ point, we can’t keep hold of players just to find out. Decisions have to be made. Silva will want access to his best players, it always suggests something to me when he wants to send a squad player on loan.

I mean im 80% certain.

Yes our greatest goalie went on loan and came back to be the best out there . I like kenny hope the lad thrives out there

....you see, i’m not sure loans work for players with the amount of first team experience he has. Even loans for Academy players rarely result in them playing 50 games for Everton. Osman and Barkley are the only Academy players I can think of who came through following loans, but they did not have the first team experience Kenny has.

Coleman is a good example of a beneficial loan, but he came from League of Ireland and had little first team exposure.

Regarding your ‘is he good enough’ point, we can’t keep hold of players just to find out. Decisions have to be made. Silva will want access to his best players, it always suggests something to me when he wants to send a squad player on loan.

It suggests to me they arent sure.

It suggests to me they arent sure.

even I know JJK will not be our right back fulltime...

look at the difference between him and luca digne ..

we need another digne type player on the right.

we should have sold Kenny and made room for this new right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.