Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fuss with this transfer. He’s unknown and played like 3 games in his current team. I don’t think he will be thrown straight to the first team even he is signed. Probably get a loan elsewhere.

Cant believe for one minute that we as a club have reached the level of paying 15m for a player and chucking him in our U23 side. If he does sign I will be amazed if he isn't immediately in the first team squad and on the bench for the first half of the season and eased into the starting eleven as the season progresses. If we have become a team that can pay 15m for a player and put them in the U23's then the finances of the club are far better than we all think.

Cant believe for one minute that we as a club have reached the level of paying 15m for a player and chucking him in our U23 side. If he does sign I will be amazed if he isn't immediately in the first team squad and on the bench for the first half of the season and eased into the starting eleven as the season progresses. If we have become a team that can pay 15m for a player and put them in the U23's then the finances of the club are far better than we all think.
Also if we are that level financially then the last couple of years have been a total utter disaster given we have gone backwards on the pitch since Moshiri arrived.

That maybe ?

Well, there are few better people to ask than Tim Vickery, a bonafide bastion of South American football knowledge who loves nothing more than to spot a diamond in the rough.

Speaking to Hawksbee and Jacobs on talkSPORT (5 June, 3.30pm), he has told Everton fans what to expect from Marcel Brands’s latest rising star.
“I like him a lot. He sits in front of the back four, he’s tall, he’s commanding, he’s got a terrific pass. Defensively, I’m not sure about him and he’s also only had four first-team games when River Plate have fielded under-strength sides,” Vickery said.
“So he’s not even bedded in yet as a senior player in Argentine football. Which means that, if he moves to Everton, there’s a player there but certainly one for the future.”

Argentinian newspaper Ole claimed earlier this week that Everton have reached an agreement to sign Sosa for a fee of around £13 million with Copa Libertadores winners River Plate expected to cash in on the coveted young midfielder.
Everton are now awaiting a work permit.
Great! I'm tall too then!

We also payed £6 million for a lad and put him in the u18’s....

We also payed £6 million for a lad and put him in the u18’s....

Which lad?

I’d be surprised if that was £6m outright and not a total deal that could go up to £6m based on appearances etc.

We won’t have gone to the trouble of getting a work permit for him plus that player is clearly quite a bit younger and therefore obviously bought for the future, not a 20yr old.

Which lad?

I’d be surprised if that was £6m outright and not a total deal that could go up to £6m based on appearances etc.

We won’t have gone to the trouble of getting a work permit for him plus that player is clearly quite a bit younger and therefore obviously bought for the future, not a 20yr old.

Lewis Gibson

Which lad?

How do you know this Sosa fee is all upfront??

Maybe we will loan him straight out??

The player was Lewis Gibson btw.

You are making assumptions to fit your opinion. Lets just see how it goes.

How do you know this Sosa fee is all upfront??

Maybe we will loan him straight out??

The player was Lewis Gibson btw.

You are making assumptions to fit your opinion. Lets just see how it goes.

Reports suggest we’re meeting his buy out clause. I’ve never known a buy out clause that is made up of add ons. Plus the higher fee appears to be needed to help with getting the work permit from what I gather.

We might well loan him straight out. I haven’t said anything to suggest otherwise. All I’ve said is that I don’t think we’ll be buying him for our 23 squad and then queried whether we’ve paid £6m for Gibson.

Re Gibson most reports suggest the deal could go to £6m, not what we initially paid.

Any assumptions I’ve made have come from reading reports. Not things I’ve come up with on my own (which others have done when they’ve suggested he’s being bought for our under 23s)

Status
Not open for further replies.