Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Is this gonna be like the time you insisted we’d gone backwards under Silva and were wrong?

Haha. Thankfully in the end, the season evened itself out a bit. Perhaps I was panicking prematurely but it's not like we made huge strides from the fat Sam days. Unless we get off to a fast start next season I suspect he will be under extreme pressure.

Does no one else think this when they see his name?

28-lord-farquaad.w330.h330.jpg
I might if I knew who it was...so no.

Its what the other clubs will be doing. Good luck trying to be successful without spending big money.

Do you not think he’s spent big mate? It’s not his fault Koeman, Walsh etc wasted a fortune on dross.

He has spent money but hasn’t got the funds to compete with the likes of City. Plus our squad is too big with some of the wasters on big wages bought by Koeman.

Do you not think he’s spent big mate? It’s not his fault Koeman, Walsh etc wasted a fortune on dross.

He has spent money but hasn’t got the funds to compete with the likes of City. Plus our squad is too big with some of the wasters on big wages bought by Koeman.

Its not his fault that Walsh wasted money - however if he's not prepared to spend any further then why doesn't he sell up, get his money back and let someone else try make a success out of it?

For what its worth I do think we'll spend big again this summer - but my opinion on the situation if he didnt would be that I could see why Moshiri would be reluctant however I wouldnt be happy if he owns us for the next decade and we spend little as surely thats no better than what we've had under Kenwright.

You either make a go of it or let someone else try - these people are custodians let it not be forgotten.

But I do think we'll spend big we have to when you consider Gomes and Zouma alone will cost around £45-50 million.

Its not his fault that Walsh wasted money - however if he's not prepared to spend any further then why doesn't he sell up, get his money back and let someone else try make a success out of it?

Im not demanding Moshiri myself and can see why he would be reluctant however I wouldnt be happy if he owns us for the next decade and we spend little as surely thats no better than what we've had under Kenwright.

You either make a go of it or let someone else try - these people are custodians let it not be forgotten.
It'll take him twenty years to sell as there's no new ground.

And why shouldn’t we demand Moshiri pump money in again? It’s what he’s there for, isn’t it?

If he’s reigned in the spending, we’re back to be the uncompetitive outfit we’ve been for decades and Moshiri would no longer have a use to us and should leave.
Is he?
Yeh lets go go back to the way we was and we can all just be glad we exist

Some of these comments about demanding Moshiri keeps pumping money in is everything that is wrong with modern day football fans.

He is there to make sure the football club is run well to give us the best chance of success. Demanding that he keeps spunking his money down the toilet, while we have a massively bloated overpaid squad and are losing money hand over fist , without success, is not ‘what he is there for’.

It’s the same people that wanted him to flush another £10m down the drain by sacking another manager 3 months into his reign because “it works for Chelsea”.

For what its worth I do think we'll spend big again this summer - but my opinion on the situation if he didnt would be that I could see why Moshiri would be reluctant however I wouldnt be happy if he owns us for the next decade and we spend little as surely thats no better than what we've had under Kenwright.

But I do think we'll spend big we have to when you consider Gomes and Zouma alone will cost around £45-50 million.

It doesn’t look like he’s stopping spending money to be fair. We are releasing players and replacing with younger, with more quality it seems to me.

I think we will spend big again this time too, and I trust Brands to do the business. Players like Digne, Gomes etc would want assurances we are ambitious before committing.

Digne in his interview seems convinced we are going to invest a lot again, but we need to make sure we don’t do the same as we did under Koeman and have mediocre players on massive wages who we can’t offload.