Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
This has to be the season we see some real progress in the team, the stadium and the club overall.

Been here long enough now and we’re no better than what we were.

In my mind he has never really come across as a football man,that could just be his demeanor,maybe he isnt and thats why he held onto the likes of Kenwright and Elstone,I certainly dont blame him for our current standing,that goes back to the day John Moores left,we went from being innovators,ambitious and ruthless to becoming an after thought,we struck lucky with Howard and picking up players other teams thought were finished in Reid and Gray,but since then have sat on our hands
When the Taylor report come out other teams knocked down stands and rebuilt we stuck seats on terracing,while other smaller clubs built new grounds we wallowed in the nostalgia of "the grand old lady",while other clubs marketed aggressively we bypassed the chance of using some of the biggest names in US and Australian football history
Kenwright took over and waxed lyrically about the golden age of football and instead of pushing us as a Broadway music,marketed us as a provincial theatre in some no mark northern town,yet its Moshiri,starting with a 20 odd year disadvantage that is taking all the flak

Been expecting this since day 1.

Over 3 years later, it's become apparent he's just reshuffled the deckchairs on the titanic.

It made me hope that perhaps he was just holding the fort until Usmanov sorted out his exit from Arsenal before significant changes come in...
Personally, the appointment of Barrett-Baxendale lowered my hopes; while she managed EIC well, running a football club is a completely different kettle of fish.

To cement her positions she's surrounded herself with 'yes people' within the club and from reports, her style of leadership is sliding towards dysfunctional.

In fact, we only have one person on the board (Brands) who has any real footballing background while the rest have very little experience, so it isn't ideal at all.

When Elstone left I had hoped things may have been moving in the right direction with regards to the board, but it appears not.

Perhaps 8th is our rightful place!!!

Personally, the appointment of Barrett-Baxendale lowered my hopes; while she managed EIC well, running a football club is a completely different kettle of fish.

To cement her positions she's surrounded herself with 'yes people' within the club and from reports, her style of leadership is sliding towards dysfunctional.

In fact, we only have one person on the board (Brands) who has any real footballing background while the rest have very little experience, so it isn't ideal at all.

When Elstone left I had hoped things may have been moving in the right direction with regards to the board, but it appears not.
I dont think a footballing background is vital,ideally some one like Dein from Arsenal,but you look at what the likes of Leahy does in business,Id rather have a smart savvy business head than somebody who can name the 1933 squad

In my mind he has never really come across as a football man,that could just be his demeanor,maybe he isnt and thats why he held onto the likes of Kenwright and Elstone,I certainly dont blame him for our current standing,that goes back to the day John Moores left,we went from being innovators,ambitious and ruthless to becoming an after thought,we struck lucky with Howard and picking up players other teams thought were finished in Reid and Gray,but since then have sat on our hands
When the Taylor report come out other teams knocked down stands and rebuilt we stuck seats on terracing,while other smaller clubs built new grounds we wallowed in the nostalgia of "the grand old lady",while other clubs marketed aggressively we bypassed the chance of using some of the biggest names in US and Australian football history
Kenwright took over and waxed lyrically about the golden age of football and instead of pushing us as a Broadway music,marketed us as a provincial theatre in some no mark northern town,yet its Moshiri,starting with a 20 odd year disadvantage that is taking all the flak

We can't just wake up today and complain because Liverpool have won the Champions League. These questions of how we went from being one of the biggest clubs in England to where we are now should have been happening a long time ago. And to be fair they have been by a certain section of fans.

We can't undo the work of the last 30 years in a short space of time, realistically we can't anyway. It's definitely more in hope than expectation that I think I'll see us win anything in the next 20 years.

We can't just wake up today and complain because Liverpool have won the Champions League. These questions of how we went from being one of the biggest clubs in England to where we are now should have been happening a long time ago. And to be fair they have been by a certain section of fans.

We can't undo the work of the last 30 years in a short space of time, realistically we can't anyway. It's definitely more in hope than expectation that I think I'll see us win anything in the next 20 years.
Thats exactly what Im saying,the lack of forward thinking and leadership at the top level has gone on for far too long,but with planning things can change,a complete clear out of the board,a plan to buy young and cheap and sell on when the player reaches maximum potential,bring in hard nosed business people,aggressive marketing,theres teams a lot smaller than us getting better deals,push the club,use its history but dont be a museum,without forsight we will just tread water

No final for 10 years, Silva has to make one next season, finals can go either way but he needs to make one and Moshiri should be telling him straight.

We all deserve a day out we sell out home and away put up with all kinds grim goings on.

Plus nobody does days in the sun quite like Everton.

If Silva is given a massive wedge for new players this Summer, then it's going to interesting how he handles the pressure of expectation, something he probably hasn't had in his managerial career up to now.

I dont think a footballing background is vital,ideally some one like Dein from Arsenal,but you look at what the likes of Leahy does in business,Id rather have a smart savvy business head than somebody who can name the 1933 squad
By footballing background, I mean someone with some previous experience of working within a club a club at some level rather than being a footballer etc.

Barrett-Baxendale does not have that and neither do Moshiri or Ryazantsez, which is a worry when you consider they are the top-tier of our leadership structure.

Actually, we do have two because of Harris but his reputation isn't particularly great, while Kenwright and Woods have experience at an executive/board level.

Basically, I don't feel that our board fills me with much optimism although Moshiri has had the opportunity to surround himself with the right people.