Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
If mosh was smart a stadium announcement of any kind today would be like music to our ears.
I disagree. Yes it will take our attention away from their victory (slightly) but it will also look rather pathetic as ultimately it will only a reaction to their success.

I don't want it to be about them! Best to take it on the chin today, keep our heads down as much as feasibly possible and be magnanimous where required.

In the week, any news would help brighten our summer and couldn't be attributed to that shower across the park; we need to build our own success.

I disagree. Yes it will take our attention away from their victory (slightly) but it will also look rather pathetic as ultimately it will only a reaction to their success.

I don't want it to be about them! Best to take it on the chin today, keep our heads down as much as feasibly possible and be magnanimous where required.

In the week, any news would help brighten our summer and couldn't be attributed to that shower across the park; we need to build our own success.
Acting that way hasn't hurt City's climb to the top - remember the Tevez posters and all that.

Moshiri accepted the compromise from day one by choosing, or having to choose, to retain Kenwright and Elstone, and with it, virtually the entire organisational structure of the club, one that inherited a culture of inferiority and mediocrity and did nothing tangible to turn that course of events around over the previous 20 years.

So it was a half-baked "takeover" from the off. You can't expect huge change if the people in the driving seat are satisfied with going in the same direction as previous. That is sadly reinforced by the appointment of DBB and the very pompous sounding "senior management team".

I'd still rather he came in than not, as you cannot argue that spending markedly increased, just that it was all as effective as setting alight to millions upon millions for all the good it did us.

In the medium to long term, I think the best that can be salvaged from his time here is to get BMD delivered, and well, that's very much debatable as to whether it will be or not, but if so, I think it ultimately puts us in a position where we can attract a much bigger fish than Moshiri to drive things forward.

It's impossible to know of course, but Moshiri gives me the general impression that he is happy to be in the select club of "English Premier League Club owner".
I would doubt very much if he obsesses over plans to have us join the elite of English football.

With Man City, it isn't simply a case of abundant wealth, you cannot succeed long-term even with that backing if you have relative amateurs running the show. We would be in a better position today if we could have had a clear-out of the boardroom and senior management, to accompany Moshiri's arrival. This was the biggest opportunity missed.

The top clubs not only have the best players, but have people at the top of their profession in terms of finance and accounting, commercial and PR, legal, administration, directors etc. We quite simply do not. Things are still being run on a wing and a prayer it seems. There really hasn't been one single event or events, since Moshiri came along, that have given me the indication that things have fundamentally changed at Everton. If you get more of the same, you can expect more of the same.

Moshiri accepted the compromise from day one by choosing, or having to choose, to retain Kenwright and Elstone, and with it, virtually the entire organisational structure of the club, one that inherited a culture of inferiority and mediocrity and did nothing tangible to turn that course of events around over the previous 20 years.

So it was a half-baked "takeover" from the off. You can't expect huge change if the people in the driving seat are satisfied with going in the same direction as previous. That is sadly reinforced by the appointment of DBB and the very pompous sounding "senior management team".

I'd still rather he came in than not, as you cannot argue that spending markedly increased, just that it was all as effective as setting alight to millions upon millions for all the good it did us.

In the medium to long term, I think the best that can be salvaged from his time here is to get BMD delivered, and well, that's very much debatable as to whether it will be or not, but if so, I think it ultimately puts us in a position where we can attract a much bigger fish than Moshiri to drive things forward.

It's impossible to know of course, but Moshiri gives me the general impression that he is happy to be in the select club of "English Premier League Club owner".
I would doubt very much if he obsesses over plans to have us join the elite of English football.

With Man City, it isn't simply a case of abundant wealth, you cannot succeed long-term even with that backing if you have relative amateurs running the show. We would be in a better position today if we could have had a clear-out of the boardroom and senior management, to accompany Moshiri's arrival. This was the biggest opportunity missed.

The top clubs not only have the best players, but have people at the top of their profession in terms of finance and accounting, commercial and PR, legal, administration, directors etc. We quite simply do not. Things are still being run on a wing and a prayer it seems. There really hasn't been one single event or events, since Moshiri came along, that have given me the indication that things have fundamentally changed at Everton. If you get more of the same, you can expect more of the same.

Since Moshiri’s came in he’s made more progress on a new stadium than any of his predecessors did in their entire tenure. We’re now looking at the near certainty of a new stadium on the waterfront, Kenwright and co couldn’t even paint Goodison. That’s absolutely huge regardless of what is happening on the field. It will be a momentous moment in our history that will give us all sorts of strategic advantages.

Moshiri’s also gone out and hired a sought after director of football something the previous regime never felt was needed. He’s shown he’s willing to sack underperforming managers and staff to huge expense whilst Kenwright was still gushing ‘what a manager’ about el fraudo when he had recorded back to back 11th place finishes.

I’ll admit that Moshiri’s execution has been poor. Whereas the Man City group went out and hit the ground running from day one we didn’t. But there’s no evidence to suggest Moshiri is happy just being a premier league owner. If he was we would have kept Allardyce and Walsh and not bothered spending more money on Richarlison et al.

In a few seasons if we arrive in the new stadium with a team that’s regularly qualifying for Europe again then we will be a force. That lot over the park have shown that you don’t need to be remotely the best team to win stuff, just get yourself in the conversation enough times and eventually it will go your way. We’ve stumbled making the first step with Moshiri, but if we have a good window this summer and Silva goes and delivers improvement again next season then it will result in European football. Who’s to say what might happen after that? Nothing stays the same in football. Liverpool will be crap again one day and we’ll have our day. Throwing the baby out of the bath water now with Moshiri won’t achieve anything. We need to stick to the plan. The club is arguably in a better position now than it ever has been in the premier league. We’re financially sound, we have muscle in the transfer market, we have multiple valuable playing assets, we have a stadium on the horizon, we have a stable managerial team. You can’t say that about us at any other point in our prem history, only Moshiri has changed that.

Mate don’t do it to yourself. Our neighbours are one of the two biggest clubs in the country. I gave up trying to be competitive with them long ago.

Spurs meanwhile have London, they have a state of the art stadium which is part of an NFL deal.

We can’t compete organically with Spurs nevermind the RS. Only a sugar daddy ala Man City can do that, and sugar daddy’s with that wealth and willingness to spend really big are few and far between.

I think of all clubs we can be particularly competitive with Norway, we can get into their heads, we can ramp games and pressure them, its a game that is meaningful for them.

I would be a firm believer with good management and i mean that from top to bottom and continuity we can be as good as Spurs, Liverpool, Arsneal, Chelsea. Without question in my mind.

Like i say its not long ago we were finishing ahead of both.

I dont believe money is a factor myself, it can certainly help, but its one variable.

I look at Norway and Spurs as a motivation, we can do what they did.

We are very unique club and have the character to pull big thing off full tilt, we have to tap into that.

Last edited:

I just want him to gut the board and all associated management tbh.

He's obviously willing to lash loads of money at us but there's no point if you're going to let people in a job miles too big for them continue to make decisions that impact your investment

Been expecting this since day 1.

Over 3 years later, it's become apparent he's just reshuffled the deckchairs on the titanic.

It made me hope that perhaps he was just holding the fort until Usmanov sorted out his exit from Arsenal before significant changes come in...

Is anyone as depressed as me on here after what happened last night, I got to thinking will we ever become a force ever again? I doubt anyone outside the current top 6 has any chance of closing that gap... AND are we destined to be forever in Liverpools shadows when it comes to success? They have 60 major honours (Inc 15 Charity Shields) compared to our 24 (Inc 9 Charity Shields). I can only see them adding more in the near future, I dont think we have a prayer! We have 1 FA Cup and 1 Charity Shield since the Premier League began which is nowhere good enough when you see the teams who have won trophies in that time, 1st team in Liverpool but by no means the best... Totally dispondant. Anyone else feel the same?

I`m hoping Farhad can do alot of good for Everton but I dont think he has a chance of getting us challenging for Champions Leagues or League Titles. I`ve probably seen the best of Everton in 1989, I would have been 10, I`m now 40. Craving some sort of success other than the 7th placed trophy, our best shot will come if the top 6 join a European Super League. The next few weeks are going to be unbearable.....