Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton Insider does indeed list some lovely players that would be great for us.

That being said, Bennacer, who I admittedly haven't seen that often as he played for Empoli, I think has a buy back clause from Arsenal.

He’s put Philip Billing in there, he’s god awful and many Hudders can’t wait to see the back of him.

Bad enough we have signed the worst keeper in the league now we want one of their midfield options

He’s put Philip Billing in there, he’s god awful and many Hudders can’t wait to see the back of him.

Bad enough we have signed the worst keeper in the league now we want one of their midfield options
Really? Seems to me that he was pretty well thought of. Won a couple end of seasons award, he's their highest rated player on Whoscored by a mile, and definitely seemed to be carrying their side early on.

Who else has he linked us with? I’m not on Twitter.

It's hard to make too many broad predictions, as the leaks seemed to be really reduced. There was nothing on Lossl before he came.

There are a lot of older players linked with us. Wellbeck, Strootman etc. I would say it's most likely these are agents using our name to get moves. However don't completely discard it. Brands has shown he is pragmatic with free transfers and Silva has shown he is quite adept at taking lads who have struggled a bit but are a bit older and making them very decent. Keane, Zouma, Schneiderlin, Gomes & Gana all come to mind on this.

It does have to be balanced against Tosun and particularly Walcott who have just not fired for us, so it's a dangerous strategy. If you take a lad like Wellback though, he may be looking at how much it might cost to sign a player with a fee plus wages and weigh it up.

It looks as if we will keep both Gomes and Zouma is the deal makes sense. Brands will not overpay. It doesn't look like anyone else is madly rushing to pay Barca's asking fee of 30+ million. I suspect we had an informal agreement on price and Barca may have moved the goalposts which I can't imagineBrands liking much.

It would be good in honesty if we could get Schneiderlin off the wage bill for a modest fee and could get 30+ million for Gana. I'd still expect a powerhouse to come in next to Gomes (who i think we will sign).

Anyway interesting times. I trust both the manager and DOF and am quite relaxed about it all. Try not to get too het up with each rumour. Newcastle have gone from being bought out by someone who would make Manchester City look like Bill Kenwright to being bought out by a blogger in a bedroom.

Had anyone seen this sosa lad play? Not just a YouTube video?

....I think he’s currently playing for Argentina at the U20 World Cup in Poland. It’s on telly, quite a few posted comments after their first match a few days ago.

Next game is Friday evening.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.